Hello and welcome to the monthly beauty post where I feature five of my favourite beauty products I’ve been trialling for the past month.
Not everything I feature will suit you but I’ll feature it here if it has suited me and has had some point of difference that I think you’d be interested in hearing about.
The is the final beauty favourites top five post for 2015. Next month I’ll bring you my top 20 for the year based on all that I’ve featured on the blog.
As always, I want to hear from you too. Sharing what you’ve discovered and why it’s been great for your skin, hair or makeup look is fantastic for others to hear about too.
1. Trilogy Age-Proof Nutrient Plus Firming Serum $43.95 (on sale at Priceline $32.99): skin serums are the business in skin care. They give your moisturising an active boost. This one’s all about firming the skin and uses an ingredient called Glycablend – a plant oil blend of pomegranate, blueberry, strawberry and chia seed oils – which works to slow down the breakdown of collagen in ageing skin. It works over time but also works a treat for an instant skin pick-me-up. Something my skin is craving at this time of year. (Cruelty free)
2. CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in Sugared Spice $19.95: It’s the time of year that I do like to keep up a fresh mani and pedi on account of the social requirements of the season. I mostly stick with pink or grey neutrals on my fingers but do mix it up on my toes. White, coral, red and luxe metallics like this colour from CND are on rotation. Love that this formula is chip-resistant and touch-dry in eight minutes. In between gel nails, CND Vinylux is also what goes on my nails and I do manage to get close to a week without chipping. (Free from formaldehyde, toulene, DBP, formaldehyde resin, camphor, xylene or MEK)
3. Curtis Collection by Victoria Bronze Glow Liquid Illuminator $28: I’m mad for anything in the makeup department that brings on a glow and this one is now firmly in my kit. You can wear it as an illuminator on its own but I’ve been mixing a squeeze of it with my foundation or BB cream for some extra klout in the glow department. I’m fast becoming this boutique makeup brand’s unofficial number one fan. I have not come across a product in the range that I haven’t immediately fallen for. (Cruelty Free)
4. Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Pale Mauve $52: New lipsticks to me are like new accessories – you cannot deny how they can change or lift an outfit. I’ll pop on a gloss for every day but if I’m heading out for an occasion or an event, a lipstick is applied and carried with me in my clutch for further application later. This is a lippy for those who crave a ultra-luxe formula that dishes out colour easily and effortlessly and boosts moisture while wearing it. It’s not a super long-lasting colour but it’s an intense, bold colour that is easy to apply. I’m in love with the gold tube its housed in as well. Ever the magpie! As for the colour, this is like a nude on my lips – just perfect for lovely neutral, illuminated and fresh makeup look.
5. Rimmel London Brow This Way Brow Styling Gel $12.95: As I get on in years, it’s finally sinking in just how important good brows are. I get mine tinted and shaped about once a month but in between they need a little helping hand to make them look fuller and an even shade. I like both the ease of using this product – and the result. The brush is not unlike a mascara brush so the colour goes on evenly and you brush and shape as you go. The gel isn’t sticky but it does set your eyebrows in place and the colour doesn’t smudge once set either. Available in three shades as well as clear, there is a colour for everyone’s brows.
Other beauty product review posts you may have missed this month:
Have you tried this month and loved? Share the details in the comments below.
* These products were sent to me for editorial consideration. Full disclosure policy here.