Let me just say at the outset that I never, EVER thought I’d be encasing my legs in floral anything. Never, ever.
I thought I just wasn’t the floral jeans type.
But then again, never thought I’d be wearing coloured jeans either. But we all know that thought only sparked an obsession.
Now, there are floral and graphic printed pants everywhere you turn this season. Everything from harem pants to jeans.
I’ve covered off on the relaxed printed pant so today we’re showcasing the printed or floral jeans outfit.
My jeans brand of choice NYDJ (they are the only jeans that consistently work for my oddly shaped hips, bums and thighs, not too mention their impressive sucking-in qualities) recently sent me* a floral pair from its current Australian collection.
You can imagine the response from my conservative-fashion-loving husband. A response that only served to make me love them more.
Much as coloured jeans make me smile, these do too. A big, wide cheesy smile.
- Mix your patterns if you dare. This is something I can’t do. I think it’s my inner anal fashionista that gets in the way. The more daring among us might work a stripe back with a floral.
- Let your pants do the talking. This is my preferred style stance. I aim not to make the pants compete for attention with anything else in the outfit. Think neutral tee or top and tan accessories.
- A busy pattern can work in your favour. Embracing a pattern can produce all kinds of lovely illusions when it comes to disguising what’s underneath.
- Have fun with them. I’ve seen women 60 years and over rocking a pair of floral or printed pants. Remember style does not come with a use-by date.
Mrs Woog had been telling me for almost three years to buy this Ollie & Max white shirt. I finally listened and thank the fashion gods I did. It’s everything she told me it would be. The shape is flattering, I’m wearing the size 14 and it accommodates my 16D bust. Plus, the length is just right for wearing with any of my skinny leg jeans. Wardrobe winner.
NYDJ floral jeans (stockists here) | Ollie & Max shirt | Gorman platform heels | Cat Hammill necklace | Samantha Wills ring | Beauty note: YSL Rouge Couture Glossy Stain in Orange; Orly home gel nails in Passion Fruit
What say you to floral jeans? Yay or never?
* These jeans were gifted to me for editorial consideration, in accordance with my disclosure policy.