If you’re new to the blog (*waves*), these regular posts are all about sharing with you the best of the beauty products that have landed in my bathroom and on my face/body/head.
To make the cut in my monthly list of beauty favourites, the product has to be pretty damn special. What I feature may not work for you but I hope I can point you in a new direction if you’re looking to change things up in the makeup, skincare and hair care department.
I know each and every one of you have your own personal guidelines and budget restraints so, while I can’t be all things to all people with each product mentioned, I can offer a diverse mix in my top five each month.
Next month, the year’s 50 products – plus any others I’ve included in beauty advice posts here on Styling You – will be up for a spot in my Top 20 beauty products for 2016. Here’s a look at what made the cut in 2015.
1. bhave super nova leave-in elixir $41.95: I’ve been a huge fan of the bhave range of products since having my first bhave Smoothe treatment almost two years ago. This is the latest styling product in the range and has quickly risen to my favourite. You wash and condition your hair as normal and then spray on towel-dried hair. It nourishes, helps prevents frizz, protects from UV rays, leaving hair feeling oh, so soft and glossy and so much more. Warning: it will be addictive. (Not tested on animals, free from parabens, sulphates and sodium chloride)
2. Rimmel Fresher Skin SPF15 Foundation $18.95: I’m always on the lookout for a foundation that is lightweight but build-able in coverage, at the same time allowing your skin to breathe. This one has me super excited. It feels like your not wearing a foundation but your skin tone is even and it stays shine free all day. Aloe, Chamomile and Sea Algae extracts help to smooth the skin, reduce the appearance of redness and improve the way your skin looks and feels. Available at Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Chemist Warehouse, Target, Kmart, BIG W, selected pharmacies and selected Coles and Woolworths.
3. Griffin & Row Nourish – natural skin moisturiser $38: Keeping my skin hydrated and nourished is always a priority. This moisturiser is a delight on the skin and offers a resistance to ageing. Key ingredients include aloe vera leaf juice, macadamia oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, rosemary extract, natural vitamin E, shea nut butter, rosehip oil, lavender oil, pink grapefruit oil, bergamot oil, sweet orange oil. (Free from artificial fragrances, artificial colouring, parabens petrochemicals, synthetics and animal products. Not tested on animals).
4. cinch Face Cheat Moisturiser + glow $39.95: I’ve been a lazy-girl in the beauty department since way back. This product had me at its ability to hydrate, illuminate, blur wrinkles, minimise pores and prime your skin for makeup – all in one or two quick spritzes. This is the perfect product to add to your travel beauty kit. (Vegan, not tested on animals)
5. OZK.O Makeup Glasses $19.95: No matter which way I look at it, I’m not getting any younger … and my eyes are not as sharp as they used to be, which is why I think these glasses are genius. Apply your eye makeup on one eye with the lens magnifying through the other. Then simply switch the lens across for the other eye’s application. Suddenly my eyeliner application is exactly where it should be. Available at selected pharmacies. Email OZK.O via the contact page for a stockist near you.
So, it’s over to you … have you tried anything new that we need to hear about? Spill in the comments.
* Unless otherwise mentioned in the post, these products were gifted to me for editorial consideration. Full disclosure policy here.