Sponsored by Schwarzkopf
Did your hair survive the Christmas break?
Did it go to the beach? Did you follow my tips for caring for your hair when swimming?
Of COURSE you did.
We all want hair happiness, don’t we?
This summer hair care boot camp series is all about helping you to fall in love with your hair by offering up some simple care and styling tips that make it easy to keep the romance alive in between visits to the salon.
This month I’m sharing my secrets to styling your hair at home.
I’m very much about keeping it simple and keeping it simple in the hair styling department is all about finding products that work for your hair and the style you’re hoping to achieve.
7 tips for styling your hair at home
1. Keep to regular salon style cuts. This ensures that your hair is always in optimum condition for styling and that ends are not split and dry.
2. Work with your hair stylist to create a look that will be easy to maintain when you get home. To achieve this you have to build a good relationship with your hairdresser. He or she needs to know what your life looks like and how much time you realistically have to spend on hair styling.
3. Arm yourself with the right products – for your hair and the style you’re aiming to create. If you want a smooth finish, you’ll need a different set of products compared with tussled beach waves. The Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime range of styling products offers luxury styling products at budget-friendly prices. It’s a range that was created in cooperation with Claudia Schiffer.
All products have been developed to include high performing micro-styler technology including special polymers targeted to each product for powerful performance.
4. Master one style. Then add on more to your repertoire. It’s all about confidence so if you start with mastering one style, you know you’ll always have a style you can quickly and easily create. For me, it’s the straight and sleek. I know for some, this is a style that comes naturally, but for me, it’s one that takes a little effort to get things smooth.
For a smooth blow dry, blow dry along the mesh of hair to smooth the surface of the hair and create shine. Best products to use to help achieve the look: Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Satin frizz Control Defrizz cream before blow drying and finish off with Schwarzkopf Frizz Control Straightening Spray before using straightening irons, to help close down the cuticle for extra shine. – Grant Withnell (National Technical Educator for Schwarzkopf)
5. Save styling time by washing your hair the night before you need to style it. Shhh … the hair experts may not be on board with this one but this is an old trick of mine and very much appeals to the lazy-girl in me. I cut out the blow-dry from the styling equation and let my hair dry naturally. Less time hair wrangling all around. This is actually a more successful way for me to approach doing a wavy look like below.
For getting a wavy style at home use Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Amino O Hold Foam Mousse to add more grip to your hair, scrunch and twist as you dry off your hair and then create the waves using a styling iron. Always twist the iron back and away from your face. Set the look with Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Amino O Hold Hair Spray. Both products give great control without sticky build-up and with less damage to your hair.
6. You don’t have to be at the beach to get beach waves. I’m just back from the beach where I did next to no styling. I just let the salty water and air do their thing. Back home and I’m keen to re-create the look. It couldn’t be more simple.
For a super simple textured look, check out blogger Zanita’s everyday ‘do here. For a more fancy finish, follow these steps:
For a textured blow dry – blow dry against the mesh of hair for a more textured finish . Best products to use to help achieve the look: Schwarzkopf Stylist Ultime Sea Salt Beach Look Texture Spray before you blow dry hair ,for more volume tip head upside, then finish off withSchwarzkopf Stylist Ultime Sea Salt Beach LookTexture Powder for an even more textured finish. – Grant Withnell (National Technical Educator for Schwarzkopf)
7. Extend your style. You’ve spent quality time getting your hair all styled up so keep it going for days with the help of dry shampoo. Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin Volume Dry Shampoo instantly refreshes and gives a volume boost to hair.
So tell me, what is your go-to hairstyle for summer – or any time of the year? How do you create it?
Not sure of your hair type? Get your Hair Horoscope here.
Coordinated by The Remarkables Group