Hello and welcome to the monthly beauty post where I feature five of my favourite beauty products I’ve been trialling for the past month.
Not everything I feature will suit you but I’ll feature it here if it has suited me and has had some point of difference that I think you’d be interested in hearing about.
From the five beauty favourites featured here each month until November plus any products I feature in other beauty posts in 2015, I’ll curate my top 20 for the year and publish in December.
As always, I want to hear from you too. Sharing what you’ve discovered and why it’s been great for your skin, hair or makeup look is fantastic for others to hear about too.
1. O’Actives Enzyme Orange Coffee Body Scrub $14.95: With the advent of warmer weather comes the necessarily reveal of one’s pins. I know. SCARY. You can face the inevitable if you’re armed (or should that be legged?) with products to deal with the effects of hibernation. Coffee scrubs stimulate the circulation and can have a bonus detox effect – and this one using fair trade coffee is brilliant. The orange essential oil smells incredible and together with the fair trade coconut oil leaves the skin feeling soft and hydrated. (Not tested on animals; paraben free)
2. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever eau de parfum $120: I’ve been a sucker for a Marc Jacobs Daisy fragrance since the very first cuter-than-cute bottle arrived on counter. But good looks are never enough for me to be seduced by a fragrance. What’s in the bottle has to measure up and I’m going to call it: Daisy Dream Forever is my favourite of the Daisy fragrance series. Top notes of blackberry, grapefruit and pear work with a heart of jasmine, lychee and blue wisteria … but it’s all about the base (see what I did there?) for me. Oh sweet white woods, musk and coconut water, you are addictive.
3. Jurlique Precious Rose Hand Cream Limited Edition $75: Iconic Australian skincare brand Jurlique has turned 30 and to celebrate it’s created a special version of one of its most-loved hand-care products. Alchemist roses, grown and harvested in the Adelaide Hills, are the power ingredients of this product and signature scent. This is a more intense version of the original and provides superior comfort and hydration for hands. Its non-greasy formula makes it ideal for keeping on your desk to take time out during the day to treat your hands. A little really does go a long way.
4. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector $59 and Concealer $59 (Available August 30): I got to hear Bobbi Brown speak earlier this year – I was a fan of her products before that day but now I REALLY take notice when she introduces something new. The reason? She really has a talent for identifying our skincare and makeup needs and then delivering a simple solution that works. This duo is no exception and will very much excite you if you have dark circles. The serum corrector (bisque for blue/purple discolouration; peach for brown/grey) is applied first and uses Ayurvedic ingredients to plump the under-eye skin and increase collagen production over time. The serum concealer (in shade to match your skin tone) goes on next and corrects the skin tone. You get the benefits immediately but also lasting results as you use the combination.
5. ModelCo Lash & Line Superlash Mascara + Liquid Eyeliner $24: Oh I do love a hard-working, effective multi-tasker in my makeup kit. At one end is a “tube” mascara that coats each lash for zero smudge all day. If you’ve never used a tube mascara, it’s a bit strange at first but the results of the formula covering each lash in a tube are amazing. The brush is designed to lift and lengthen the lashes. At the other end of the product is a liquid eye liner. It’s a fine-tipped applicator that glides on easily and the formula won’t feather or move all day.
Other beauty product review posts you may have missed this month:
Over to you … what beauty products have you tried this month and loved? Share the details in the comments below.
* These products were sent to me for editorial consideration. Full disclosure policy here.