Welcome to Fabulous Fridays – my weekly blog and video blog (vlog!) about the things that have made my week. It’s all about the positive – and yes, you’ll find a little style tip as well. Let me know what you think? And most importantly, what’s made your week.
Here’s what’s made my week?
1. Rocking out in the pouring rain in a blue Big W poncho for the final Powderfinger concert on the Sunshine Coast. It was no fashion statement but it was a statement.
2. Having success at Westfield Chermside with a new client. Have you checked out the Adorne shop there? It’s a treasure trove of well-priced accessories all merchandised like you are in an upmarket boutique. Put it on your must-do list (it’s down the David Jones end near the food court).
2. Seeing my eldest son get all excited about heading to Melbourne with a team of five from his school for the national finals of Future Problem Solving. I’m excited that clearly he’s going to one day have a really high-paying job that will fund my retirement lifestyle.
3. Travelling to Warwick to help fit 40 plus staff into new uniforms – confidence doesn’t just come from wearing clothes that fit and flatter outside of work. Given how much time we spend at work, what you wear there matters hugely. Kudos to companies that recognise that.
4. The sun finally coming out yesterday to give us a glimpse of the weather that we should be having in October. The kind of weather that means it’s time to stock up on your suncreen and self-tan products. Sorry, last year’s just will not do. Apart from smelling strangely it won’t be effective as a sun protectant. I have skin that’s prone to burn … quickly. But here’s the thing, I live just a 10-minute walk from the beach. It’s so much a part of our summer lifestyle, that I need a sunscreen that works and goes the distance. And now I want one lucky reader to discover why I’ve long had a summer love affair with Ella Bache Great 30+ Sportsbloc too.[table id=13 /]
On the blog this week
Now, over to you … what’s made your week?