Hello and welcome to the monthly beauty post where I feature five of my favourite beauty products I’ve been trialling for the past month.
Not everything I feature will suit you but I’ll feature it here if it has suited me and has had some point of difference that I think you’d be interested in hearing about.
From the five beauty favourites featured here each month until November plus any products I feature in other beauty posts in 2015, I’ll curate my top 20 for the year and publish in December.
As always, I want to hear from you too. Sharing what you’ve discovered and why it’s been great for your skin, hair or makeup look is fantastic for others to hear about too.
1. Crop Natural Mineral Pressed Highlighter $24 and brush $20: Crop is an Australia skincare and cosmetic brand available online and in Coles stores. The price is very right but so is its list of what they don’t include in their products. Each product is 95% naturally derived and enriched with essential oil blends. This is one of my faves from its newly released makeup collection. I’m a sucker for a highlighter and this one is a winner. Swish your brush around and apply the mix to your face and cheeks. Or use smaller brushes to highlight different parts of your face. (Cruelty free, no petrochemicals, parabens, sulphates, talc and mineral oil)
2. Trilogy Make-Up Be Gone Cleansing Balm $36.90: Cleansing balms are the new black when it comes to getting off your makeup at the end of the day. Balms such as this work to dissolve away even the most stubborn waterproof and long-stay products. You apply a quarter of a teaspoon on to your fingertips and then massage into your face – on dry skin. Rinse the face washer in warm water and then gently wipe away makeup and balm. It’s so, so luxe on your skin thanks to a formula of mango seed butter, certified organic rosehip oil and sunflower seed oil. (Cruelty free, no petrochemicals)
3. Klara Cosmetics RESET GLOW $24.99: Get your glow and keep your skin hydrated all day with this product that you can wear as a primer or on its own. I’ve been using it both ways – much like I might otherwise wear a BB or CC Cream. It contains light-reflecting prisms that ensure you look fresh all day long. It’s super silky and lightweight on the skin. Klara Cosmetics is available at Coles, Woolworths and Priceline plus selected stockists.
4. Garnier Body Beauty Oil Lotion $11.95: This oil-infused lotion will help bring your winter skin out of hibernation. It harnesses the power of four oils – Argan, Macadamia, Almond and Rose – to nourish and help damaged and extra-dry skin. It’s fast-absorbing and won’t leave you feeling like you can’t add clothes straight away. The fragrance is light and in no way over-powering. Available at supermarkets, pharmacies, variety and independent stores.
5. Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener – Oily Skin $66.30: If you have oily skin and struggle to keep makeup on your face, particularly in the warmer months, then this is definitely worth a try. The aim of primer is to act like velcro between your skin and the product you’re putting on top of it. This one also minimises pores and reduces shine. (Cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested)
Other beauty product review posts you may have missed this month:
Have you tried this month and loved? Share the details in the comments below.
* These products were sent to me for editorial consideration. Full disclosure policy here.