Jive Designs first caught my eye in the pages of Vogue Australia magazine. I was pretty damn excited as my girlfriend was the model in the advertisement but I was also excited by the stunning jewellery she was wearing. Really excited.
It’s no secret here on Styling You that I’m a huge fan of using jewellery and accessories to give your outfit a leg up to the next level.
So, I started browsing around the Jive Design site (the physical store is actually just up the road from me in Noosa but I’m a night-owl shopper and browser … I love me some online shopping fun) and I quickly realised this this could be trouble. With a capital T.
Statement rings, statement necklaces, statement earrings. Some at the wishlist end of the budget; others mine for the buying, now.
This is what I’m talking about:
1. Sterling silver and 14ct gold 7-Daisy necklace $179 | 2. Gold carved teardrop earrings $179 | 3. Oblong quartz and sterling silver ring $995 | 4. Sterling silver brick necklace $645 (this one that appears in the editorial pages of Vogue Australia November 2011) | 5. Black rose earrings $45 | 6. Sterling silver cuff narrow $239
Here’s what Jive Design has to say:
Jive jewellery collections cross many categories – from bold, leading edge creations, to colourful Venetian glass jewellery to modern gold, silver and precious silver and gem combinations. Jive brings together the best designers and strives to give the brand a certain look. This look is distinctive, it’s contemporary and it has an element of the unusual. It’s the Jive look.
Owner Jan Sinclair personally selects the jewellery from countries around the world. She works with designers in Australia, Italy, Germany, Mexico, Israel, Thailand and Indonesia and stays on top of global fashion trends and developments in jewellery design.
Jive has a higher priced range of designer jewellery, a stylish but very affordable silver essential range, Murano glass jewellery for the more conservative woman and an extensive range of contemporary men’s jewellery.
We want a woman stand out from the crowd for the right reasons – for her style, for her taste, and for her self confidence.
Jan has an incredible eye for design – and for understanding what a particular customer may be interested in. When asked in store for her opinion on a piece a customer is thinking about buying, Jan prefers to help the customer through the process so that he or she finds exactly what they’re looking for – and that they feel fabulous every time they put that necklace or pair of earrings on.
This is what Jan asks (listen up because they’re good questions to ask yourself when buying any accessory):
1. What style of jewellery do you usually wear – small and delicate or big and bold?
2. Which piece best fits your current style? Can you see it becoming something you reach for time and again, or will it end up being something you love, but that never feels quite right for you?
3. Is it for a specific outfit or event and, if so, does it also work with the rest of your wardrobe for your non-event days?
4. Which piece of jewellery puts a spring in your step, a gleam in your eye and just makes you feel good the minute you put it on?
“Jewellery is a very personal style statement – be confident enough to make one,” says Jan.
And I couldn’t agree more!
Jive Design, together with Styling You, is giving five readers the chance to each win a $100 gift voucher to shop online at Jive Design.
THIS COMP HAS NOW CLOSED
Just leave a comment below. I’d love to know: what’s your favourite piece from the Jive Design store and why? Australian and international entries very welcome. The five winners will be drawn at random using random.org, notified via email and names posted here. The winners have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize. Should they fail to do so, the competition will be re-drawn. This competition closes 8am EST Thursday, November 10.Now you know that I usually reply to all comments on my blog, don’t you? The exception is with competitions as I’ve got to use my non-existent maths’ brain to add up entries. So, know this, I’ve read and loved each of your comments. Thank-you!