Sponsored by Dermalogica Australia
In a little more than a week, I will have reached my much talked about (by me) milestone birthday.
Like the milestones that have come before it, I’m quite ok with the number. My life is good.
Yes, in 50 years I’ve faced my fair share of challenges but overall life is VERY good.
I’m grateful for my health, my family, my home and this “job” that I created from nothing – a job that allows me to indulge in my greatest passions – fashion and beauty.
I get excited by all things new in the fashion world and I get excited about all things new in the beauty industry.
I’ve also long passed the days when beauty treatments and products are all just about the pampering.
I want bang for my buck. I want results AND the self-care.
So when Demalogica contacted me about experiencing its new Overnight Retinol Repair 1% product (rrp $148) – and its accompanying IonActive in-salon treatment, I took about 2.4 seconds to say YES PLEASE.
I’ve long had respect for the Dermalogica skincare brand. Its products are targeted to address your specific concerns. I’ve used other products in the Dermalogica AGE smart range and loved how they feel on my skin, as well as the results they bring.
I do get it, though. Not everyone is looking for results that help to slow the aging process on their skin. And that’s very OK. Me? I’m unashamedly vain and I’ll take any help I can get. HAH.
Jokes aside, I need to tell you about this new product – especially if you fall into the same vanity skincare category that I do.
Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair 1% is a highly concentrated, night-time treatment cream, offering clinical-strength results in a formula that supports and doesn’t compromise your skin’s health.
About Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair 1%
- This formula contains Retinol – a pure and powerful form of Vitamin A.
- Vitamin A helps to smooth and firm skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
- Retinol can work on all ages and skin types – it’s a powerhouse ingredient that helps with anti-aging but also clogged pores.
- It works to speed up the skin cell renewal process that slows down as we age.
- Other ingredients in Overnight Retinol Repair 1% that help your skin include: squalene from Brazilian sugar cane (restores skin moisture and suppleness); Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 and TAUT peptides (to stimulate collagen synthesis); active polysaccharides (to hydrate help soften fine lines); liquorice extract (calms irritation and provides antioxidant power).
- This product comes with a buffer cream, allowing you to introduce it gradually to allow your skin to adjust and acclimatise to the Vitamin A.
- There are lots of retinol products on the market but their effectiveness can be lessened because they lose their potency once exposed to light or air. Overnight Retinol Repair 1% was developed using advance microencapsulation technology. In short, this helps keep the retinol stable and deliver it to the skin in an even and measured way.
- Retinol stimulates skin cell turnover – which we want – but it does also make your skin more susceptible to UV damage. Always use a sunscreen during daylight hours while using retinol products.
My thoughts: I’ve been using Overnight Retinol Repair for about two weeks now. I’ve already noticed an improvement in the smoothness and freshness of my skin. The hard work happens overnight and when I wake up each morning, I’m seeing a gradual difference every day.
IonActive in-salon treatment with Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair 1%
Because of its clinical strength formula, Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair is only available in consultation with a professional skin therapist at a Dermalogica spa or skin centre (find one near you here).
I was lucky to super-charge my retinol experience by trialling the IonActive treatment, which includes a professional form of 1% retinol at The Paddington Beauty Room in Sydney. This is seriously my kind of treatment. It takes just 45 minutes; there is a specialised face massage technique that helps infuse the retinol and is incredibly relaxing; and an LED mask light session that leaves your face glowing.
It’s all about stimulating and changing the skin, rather than just the pampering but I still managed doze off – even with my photographer in the room.
You don’t need to have the IonActive salon treatments to get results from Overnight Retinol Repair but it very much does help boost its results.
Learn more from my chat with Dermalogica trainer Jodi
I sat down with Dermalogica trainer Jodi to get her expert advice and tips about Overnight Retinol Repair. Check out the video here.
Other Dermalogica Retinol products
Overnight Retinol Repair .5% (rrp $134): contains .5% retinol, also in an encapsulated product with a buffer cream. Dermalogica recommend starting with this formulation before moving up to the Overnight Retinol Repair 1%.
Age Reversal Eye Complex (rrp $101): use this in conjunction with Overnight Retinol Repair 1% – it has .1% microencapsulated retinol, which is ideal for the delicate eye area. Apply this first before the Overnight Retinol Repair .5% or 1% on the rest of the face.
As Overnight Retinol Repair 1% is a professional strength product, it’s only available in store when recommended by a professional skin therapist. Find a Dermalogica skin therapist HERE.
Dermalogica has an Overnight Retinol Repair 1% to give away to TWO Styling You readers*. Simply answer the following question in the comments below.
Why could your skin do with Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair 1% boost?
*Please note that winners will need to visit their nearest authorised Dermalogica professional skin therapist to ensure their skin is suited to the product. If this is not possible due to location, the winner can opt to receive the Overnight Retinol Repair .5%.
Entries open on Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5am (AEST) and close on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5pm (AEST). Australian entries only, sorry. The two winners of the “answer the question” competition will be judged on originality and creativity. Photos can be uploaded in the comments section. The winners will be emailed and their name will be published here. Entrants must include an email address when the filling in the commenting system below to be eligible to enter. Full terms and conditions here.