Hello! Happy Easter.
As this post publishes, all things going to plan, I’ll be somewhere in the air over New South Wales, heading AWAY for Easter for the first time in a very long time. In fact, I cannot remember the last time we actually did go away for these four days.
We usually stay at home because:
1. We live at the beach.
2. It usually rains.
3. I’m not into camping, which according to the junk mail catalogues is a THING at this time of year.
All it took was a too-silly-to-refuse-invitation from good friends and some super cheap flights out of the Sunshine Coast (I think because everyone is flying in from Sydney and Melbourne, the airlines need to fill the empty seats on those return journeys … plus Tiger has just resumed flights to here so we have airfare competition again).
We are SO ready for four days of relaxation and soft-pant wearing.
There will be chocolate. There will be wine. There will be good food. There will be siestas. There will be laughs.
The perfect recipe for a weekend away, don’t you think?
Cutest Easter Thongs award goes to Havaianas. Buy here.
6 Easter reads
1. What to do with leftover Easter eggs (alternatively titled Salted Caramel Easter Egg Rocky Road!) via Not Quite Nigella.
3. This will make you smile (well it did me!): Young style meets old style in this collaboration between three international fashion bloggers, three gorgeous women from Advanced Style and accessories brand, Coach.
4. I met blogger Brittany Gibbons in a fangirl moment before BlogHer in New York last year. I absolutely love her witty writing style and attitude to body image, especially when she does posts like this.
5. If you’re a blogger planning a little social media autumn clean up this long weekend, this post via Fat Mum Slim is a must read.
6. As is Trevor Young’s new book, Micro Domination … and not just because I’m in it ;). It’s packed with inspiration from business people who have been able to harness social media to build their brand into something that previously would have cost a tonne of money.
Let me know what you have planned for this weekend? And if you have any reading tips to share with us?
I’ll see you back on the blog on Tuesday.