You may or may not have picked up on my excitement on Twitter over the past week. Yes, I know it’s nearly Christmas and all that (I did order the turkey and ham yesterday so it must be happening) but am squeezing in a little pre-Christmas excitement this weekend.
Specifically I’m attending the Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards 2011 (hereafter known as NAPBAS so you can play along at home with the # on Twitter). I’m flying to Melbourne Thursday night then overnight to Kuala Lumpur with my green and gold pom-poms packed to cheer along the Australian finalists in these awards.
I’m patriotic at the best of times but put me on a red carpet at an international blogging event and I really can’t be held responsible for any “oi, oi, ois” that might escape my lips. Especially if someone has placed a champagne in my vicinity.
The passport has been dusted off (it’s been A WHILE between overseas jaunts … does anyone jaunt anymore? If not, they really should), I’ve emailed ahead to the spa at the Putrajaya Marriott in the hope of booking some quality “rejuvenation” time to kill the jet lag, so all there is left to do is get down to the serious side of the trip: what to pack?
Here’s what I’ve been told to prepare for:
1. NAPBAS awards night – black tie (SORTED. Remember this outfit?).
2. Party outfit for awards night after party (umm, pyjamas? Just kidding … of COURSE I’m going out after not sleeping for the previous 24 hours).
3. Casual clothes and comfy footwear for tour around Kuala Lumpur on Saturday (note to self re champagne consumption and tropical heat).
4. Something nice to wear out to dinner and shopping Saturday night (I’m thinking this dress).
What else I’m taking:
2. Something to wear poolside (hello new swimsuit).
3. More comfy and casual clothes (because I really do believe in having options).
4. Some blog branding to wear around my neck (thanks Uberkate).
5. And some extra accessories just for luck.
I know this seems
extreme a lot for a weekend away. But that’s just it. I’m AWAY. Away from my wardrobe. And thanks to the lovely people at Samsonite I’ll easily fit it all in with plenty of room to spare … for shopping.
Which leads me to you. Have you been to Kuala Lumpur recently? What should I be channelling my shopping budget towards? And has anyone had one of those fish pedicures?
AirAsia X offers long-haul flights to 16 destinations: Japan (Haneda & Osaka), Korea (Incheon), Australia (Melbourne, Perth and the Gold Coast), India (New Delhi and Mumbai), China (Tianjin, Hangzhou and Chengdu), Taiwan (Taipei), Iran (Tehran), Paris (Orly), London (Gatwick) and New Zealand (Christchurch).