I’ve lost count of the number of emails coming into my inbox announcing of end-of-season fashion sales. Now, if you’re not in the fashion game you’re probably wondering how it can be end-of-season when, well, the season’s just started.
It’s best you don’t try to get your head around all that … and the fact that spring-summer clothes will be landing in store from July. It’s just crazy fashion talk really. You’re going to just have to go with it.
Anyways, what you do need to get your head around is the fact that there are A LOT of bargains to be had in clothing retail land. LOTS.
So, repeat after me: I will not buy a new piece of clothing JUST BECAUSE it’s on SALE.
Sorry for the intermittent shouting but I really need you to get this. You will not save 30% on a pair of pants if they make you look and feel ridiculous every time you put them on. You will not save $50 on new top if it sits with its discounted price tag on *winking* at you every time you open the wardrobe doors.
Rant over … just listen in to this week’s vlog and read on for some suggestions on how to tackle sales time. Forewarned is forearmed.
Key sales styling tips
1. Go with a list – you’ve done your seasonal wardrobe edit, haven’t you? What are the gaps missing from your winter wardrobe? That’s what you should be buying.
2. Allocate more of your shopping budget to buying classic winter pieces. Do you need a new coat, new pair of jeans, boots, a new bag?
3. Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to take on and off. You MUST try on everything you’re potentially buying. No time to try? Walk away.
4. Start your shopping day at opening time and get out before the crowds – and change rooms – get crazy.
5. Stay focussed. Do not be seduced by the % off signs. Be seduced by the clothes and accessories you actually need.
1. Camilla & Marc Silo trench (was $1090, now $763) @ FrockShop
2. Morrison Marciano Tee Dress Initial (was $169, now $59)
3. Witchery Jemima Bow ballet flats (were $129.95, now $89.95)
4. Mimco Rococo Pearl ring (was $149, now $55.20)
5. Saba Dilly Clutch (was $249, now $119.20)
6. sass & bide Don’t Say It tee (was $180, now $70)
So, will you be heading to the sales this weekend? Have you made hasty purchases before during a sale that you’ve later regretted?
*sales prices are subject to change and availability – they were correct at time of publication
Want to shop and save from Europe’s spring/summer sales? Click on the banner below and enter PRESALE30 at the checkout to receive 30% off until June 13. Cannot be used with other promotions or discounts.