A couple of weeks ago, I got my fashion on for the Sacha Drake spring-summer 2019 show as part of the Mercedes-Benz Brisbane Fashion Festival.
I’ve been a fan of this label for occasion wear for longer than I’ve been writing this blog. I first met Sacha back in my days as a fashion editor. What I loved then – and now – is that you will always find pieces that suit a curvy shape.
The good people at Sacha Drake asked if I’d like to pick a new-season piece to wear and fly the flag for this Brisbane designer. When I spied this sequinned number below in store, it was love at first sparkle. My good friend @stace_mcgregs was also seduced by the sequin and she wore this style (same fabric and the perfect shape for her hourglass figure). We did our first Sparkle Sisters girl band video shoot HERE. Oh, and we’re taking bookings for summer. 😂
But back to my dress and why it was a great choice for me. Let’s check out the model first.
Let me talk through the many reasons that I loved wearing this dress.
- Sequins are always a good idea.
- This is a stretch sequin situation – without any scratchy scratchy on the inside.
- The batwing sleeves give a bit of arm coverage.
- It falls just below the knee on me, so great with boots but, in summer, I’ll lift it up a bit and blouse over the top, swapping the boots for strappy heels.
- You can wear it with the v-neckline or the high boatneck option.
- It drapes to flatter and skim.
- You feel a million bucks wearing it.
- You’ll have it in your wardrobe forever – a life membership to Team Sequins, if you like.
- It will be one of those go-to pieces that is always there for you any time you get asked somewhere special.
Both this style and the style Stacey wore have been hot demand since we wore them (kidding, since they were released many others apart from us fell hard for their sparkle ways), but both styles are being re-cut and available on pre-order. Run, don’t walk.
So, tell me, are you on Team Sequins?
* This piece was kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration.
SYTL bestselling basics restocked
Spring is here and so are our bestselling basics ready to help you get out the door looking your best for the office or the weekend. When you have a wardrobe foundation of quality pieces that all work with each other and other garments, then getting dressed will feel stress-free. Check out our key pieces HERE. If your size isn’t showing, enter your email to be notified when it’s back in stock.