Spring officially sprung almost a month ago but it’s been slow in arriving in many parts of Australia.
Even where I live in Queensland, we’ve not had the traditional flick of the switch from cool to hot.
And I like it.
I like that the evenings are still fresh. I like that most of the day are warm enough for new-season styles.
This month there has been so much spring style inspiration from the real women of #everydaystyle, with more than 900 shares on the #syspringtrends hashtag.
Read on to check out 10 spring 2016 trends as seen on everyday women, PLUS the winner of this month’s challenge and details about the #everydaystyle challenge for October.
(I’m wearing new-season Binny)
10 spring 2016 trends
1. The colour blush. Call it blush or rose quartz, it’s the pastel colour of the season. I love how Maudie from @istyl has worked blush in a sleeveless vest back with muted neutrals.
2. The colour blue. I cannot get enough of this colour this season. It’s fresh, vibrant and there is a shade for everyone. Karen from @styleloving2 rocks navy with a splash of emerald in her earrings.
3. Off the shoulder tops and frocks. ‘Tis the season of the shoulder so get yours out and create a flattering line with OTS piece that will make you feel a little dressed up and subtly sexy. Bec from @styled_by_bec wows in OTS black and black and white striped pants.
4. Cold shoulder. This is the “I only wear a normal bra” alternative that very much holds its own against the OTS. Love Kim-Marie from @kimbalikes‘ cold-shoulder dress, leggings and boots combo for a fresh trans-seasonal look.
5. Sneakers. I do love it when a trend that embraces comfort continues to be embraced without any sign of it ever disappearing from our radars. For spring it’s all about the light and brighter colours – white, silver, gold, rose gold, cream, stone. Chrissy from @my.styleloves nails this trend
6. Stripes. Stripes will always be on trend – and they are a clear favourite of so many women in the #everydaystyle movement. This pleases me – extremely. Brooke from @what_brooke_wore is firmly on #teamstripes and I just love this look on her.
7. Geometric prints. Prints are not everyone’s style cup of tea. But for those who do embrace them, the selection available this season is excitingly on point. Gorgeous bold designs and colours will get you noticed in a good way. Ali from @ali_lennard shows how it’s done.
8. Florals. The traditional prints of spring have always included florals – big, small and everything in between. Dip your toes into the trend with a floral wrap if this is very much out of your style comfort zone. Jasmine from @prettychuffed styles up florals in a stunning maxi dress.
10. Denim. Spring 2016 denim is all about doubling it up if you dare. Roslyn from @ninnys_style works a double denim look with effortless ease.
What are your favourite trends for spring 2016?
And the September 2016 style challenge winner is …
A big congrats to Suzy from @desperatelyseekingsuzy … Suzy just make us smile each time she shares her style. Spring and summer are definitely her seasons. Suzy, please email us: [email protected] with your postal and email address so we can get your Adrift gift card to you.
Share your outfit to WIN
Every month in 2016 I’m giving away a $100 gift card to help freshen up your wardrobe.
This month you could win a $100 gift card from Surafina.
Each month, I’ll propose a different wardrobe theme for you to consider incorporating into your #everydaystyle outfit planning.
Each day that you incorporate that theme, simply upload your photo using the #everydaystyle hashtag. To be in the running for the prize, you just need to add the specific hashtag for each month’s theme.
You can enter as many times as you like. You can upload to Instagram or upload to the SY #everydaystyle community Facebook group – post your outfit in the comments section of my weekly Facebook Live video.
This month’s theme is: #SYspringcasual
Inspire and show us how you style your casual outfits for spring.
Your outfit photo could be featured here on the blog with a link back to your Instagram page (if applicable). Entries close Thursday, October 21, 2016 (it’s an early one as I’m off hosting a shopping/styling tour to Bali). The winner will be announced on the blog, Friday, October 28, 2016.