This comment was left on my Top 20 beauty products for 2014 list last year and I’m sharing with you here to reinforce that I don’t recommend beauty products that I truly don’t think are worth you trying.
I have tried several of the products that you have recommended over the last year or so – only 1 disappointed. So when I saw the Nivea Deodorant in this post, I decided to try it. I had tried other brands of this type of stick deodorant, supposedly clinical strength, but was unimpressed. And spray deodorants were useless. But this one delivers! I cannot believe the difference it has made. No more sweating, no more smelling. I love it and will buy it forever now I have found it. Thank you so much, and this reinforces my belief that you really do only recommend products that work for you. xxx Louise
Not everything I feature will suit you but I’ll feature it here if it has suited me and has had some point of difference that I think you’d be interested in hearing about.
I’ll always aim to include a mix of price points.
I’ll aim to also include in the mix at least one organic/natural product as I totally understand that that is a priority for many.
Mostly each month I’ll feature products that have been released that month but sometimes it may be a case that I’m using a product for the first time – and love – so I’ll share with you no matter when it was released.
From the five beauty favourites featured here each month until November plus any products I feature in other beauty posts in 2015, I’ll curate my top 20 for the year and publish in December.
As always, I want to hear from you too. Sharing what you’ve discovered and why it’s been great for your skin, hair or makeup look is fantastic for others to hear about too.
So, let’s put our beauty caps on and get stuck in for 2015.
1. Environ Revival Masque $96: It’s been a while since I’ve used Environ products but possibly the best skin therapist I’ve ever had (sadly she moved back to the UK) put me on to them about 11 years ago. A combination of her magic touch and these powerful products made me the glowing bride I was in 2004. This masque is like getting your glow and a little face lift in one jar. It’s the skin pick-me-up that most of us need and it works thanks to a combination of three acids – Asiatic, Mandelic and Lactic. The Asiatic is derived from Centella and has been used for centuries in traditional healing. Environ says that good, reliable concentrations have only recently become available for use. Most of Environ’s products have you starting at a certain strength level and working your way through as your skin adapts and responds to treatment but this is one that anyone can use from the start. Use for four to six months for optimum results and if using during summer wear an SPF (you should be anyway!). Environ is sold by doctors and skincare professionals only.
2. Face of Australia LUMI-tint $12.95: Shut the front door. These creamy sticks of illuminating goodness crossed my desk in December – after I’d signed off on the top 20 2014 products. I could not believe what I was trying. You know how I love an illuminator? Well, here you have a budget option so good that you will want to buy – and should buy – all four colours. The colour I use the most (mostly as a highlighter on my cheekbones) is Santorini Skinny – a soft pink nude that complements my skin tone. My blogger friend Norlin (Baubles, Bubbles and Bags) has also talked up this collection. Against animal testing and support cruelty free
3. Designer Brands Colour for a Cause nail colour $6.99: Research into Ovarian Cancer and the development of an early detection test for this insidious design is essential. February is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month so why not show your support by painting your toes in the traditional colours of the cause? This nail colour duo makes it easy plus the formula dries in 30 seconds. Not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
4. Maybelline NY Master Graphic Liquid Eyeliner $14.95: If you love a precise liquid eyeliner with an angled brush built in (and loaded with product) then you’ll love this. It’s kind of like a fancy felt-tip pen but with a gentle wind of the product at the end. It puts its more expensive counterpart to shame in the price and quality department, gliding on and adding definition to eye area – so simply and easily.
5. Go-To Skincare Face Hero $44.95 (launches February 26 but if you sign up today, you’ll access the pre-sell): Ever since I chatted to Zoe Foster-Blake about her skincare brand, I knew at some point this super clever beauty brain would add in a face oil. I like to apply an oil or serum on my face both morning and night and this one fits the bill. It’s a combination of 10 plant oils including certified organic Buriti, Brazil nut, macadamia, rosehip and calendula. Face Hero absorbs beautifully, giving your skin a moisture boost while protecting and brightening. I particularly love how it calms the skin – sometimes I need this extra boost as my face is the first to show any signs of stress. Cruelty-free and free from a bunch of nasties.
So tell me, tried and loved any beauty products of late? Leave a comment and recommendation for us below.