Technically it’s October but stick with me … I’m playing catch-up here.
September just disappeared and I hadn’t had a chance to share with you my beauty favourites for September 2014.
And they call me a beauty write. SHEESH. Pick up your game, Parko.
I’ve got a mixed bunch for your this month, so let’s get into it, shall we?
1. CROP Natural Skincare Double Sided Facial Wipes $6: You know how much I love a good face wipe, don’t you? Of all the items in my beauty kit, you’ll always find a packet of these – they are the ultimate in lazy-girl beauty for me. If all I’ve got time for at the end of the day is to do a quick swipe off of my makeup and a moisturise then I’m ok with that. These ones are AMAZING as they’re exfoliating on one size of the wipe then smoothing and soothing on the other. That’s a two-step skincare process with just one wipe. (No animal testing)
2. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Black Edition toothbrush $299.95: I long ago ditched the regular toothbrush in favour of an electronic one but this latest release is something else again. Apart from its sleek good looks, the first time I used it I couldn’t help but run my tongue over my teeth and marvel at how clean they felt. It has a brush head with 44% more bristles than Philips’ standard brush heads and there are five different cleaning modes to suit your teeth and gum needs. Other plusses: it comes with a charging USB travel case but actually holds three weeks worth of charge so you’d rarely need to use that. And that glass in the photo? That’s actually the bathroom charger. It uses conduction technology to charge the toothbrush as it rests in the glass. Stylish and practical.
3. Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation $68: The matte makeup trend is one that seems here to stay and this product will help you achieve that in a flash – without drying out your skin. I used to use a powder foundation back in the day but moved on because of the drying factor. The difference with this one is that it is formulated first as a creamy liquid and powder blend, is then baked for 12 hours to create what you get to apply to your face for a natural finish. It’s enough to use on its own but I still pop a BB cream on underneath and then have this in my handbag to use as an easy freshen-up during the day. (Bobbi Brown does not conduct animal testing on products or ingredients, nor ask others to test on our behalf, except when required by law – more here)
4. Sodashi Eye Lifting Gel with Arnica $125.40: I ask a lot of my eyes. Especially of late. This is the latest product from Australian chemical-free skincare brand Sodashi and it works to lift and reduce under-eye circles thanks to the added ingredient of Arnica. You feel it immediately on application. Cistus and Myrtle hydrosols gently tone and tighten the skin around the eyes, Damask Rose nourishes and hydrates and Rosewood Oil helps to stimulate the skin cells in this delicate are to reduce the appearance of fine lines. (Not tested on animals)
5. Maskd The Green Mask $49.95: This is a home-grown Brisbane product from beauty therapist Carlie Landsdown. This mask has been designed to deliver all the skin benefits of a microdermabrasion procedure but at home. It’s a mask that you apply to cleansed skin but leave on for 10-15 minutes before washing off. You will feel some tingling but it quickly subsides (well, it did on me). The effect is a fresh glow from that first application. A great way keep your skin fresh, hydrated and smooth on an ongoing basis in the comfort of your own bathroom.
Over to you, have you tried or discovered anything new in the beauty department over the past month? Revisited something you hadn’t used for ages?