I’ve been thinking about Nina* a bit lately.
It will be Nina Proudman’s first Christmas as a mum – and her first without Patrick. That’s a whole lot of joy and sadness rolled up into one sleep-deprived festive season, isn’t it?
I’ve been thinking about whether she’s had to adjust her wardrobe a bit.
Back into her old jeans? Or enjoying the comfort of her maternity ones like most of us do long after the baby is born?
I wonder if she knows her days of wearing those gorgeous fine gold chains are numbered.
Is she breastfeeding and needing some tops and frocks to accommodate?
I took the liberty of scouring the interwebs on her behalf and found 10 things I think she’d happily see wrapped under the Christmas tree this year.
1. NOM nursing maxi dress $119.95 @ Queen Bee: We know that Nina loves a maxi dress but anyone who’s ever breastfed knows that they’re generally not conducive to feeding while out and about. Not so this one. And I’m thinking it would work back beautifully with most of her kimonos and cardi/jackets.
2. Ripe Maternity feeding tank $64.95 @ Queen Bee: Nina’s tunic wardrobe will still work while feeding. She just needs several of these tanks to make them work.
3. Johnny Was tunic $249 @ Zambezee Boutique: There is always room in Nina’s wardrobe for a new tunic, don’t you think?
4. Nancybird bag $385: We know Nina is a fan of the cross-body small shoulder bag but a baby will change all that. I’m thinking she won’t want to opt for a massive bag but this one might be a good compromise.
5. Django and Juliette boots $289.95 @ Styletread: It’s so not boot season but that doesn’t seem to bother Nina. We see her wearing them all through a Melbourne summer. Maybe she needs a new pair after all that running around while pregnant last series?
6. Craybands $20 for bag of 15: As any new mum quickly discovers, the “scrape-back” becomes not just a hair-style of necessity. Craybands are kind to your hair.
7. Bambino Bling bangles $19.95 each: I know that Nina is not a chunky jewellery fan but none of her necklaces will survive baby and toddler grabbing. One of these on her wrist will not only look good but also offer up an option for her baby to play with or chew on when out as they’re made from non-toxic BPA-free silicone.
8. Blue Bungalow scarf $29.95: Scarves took a back seat in Nina’s pregnancy wardrobe as the costume designers found they were a little too much with her main accessory – the baby bump. I’m thinking they’ll be back. They can’t be broken by a baby’s vice-like grip and are great for covering up if you choose to while breastfeeding in public. (Apologies – when I wrote this post yesterday this scarf was on the Blue Bungalow site. It’s no longer there but here’s a link to all the scarves available on this site)
9. Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer $14.95: As an on-call gyno, I’m sure Nina is quite up on the power of concealer to fake it till you make it. Those early months of motherhood will be something else though. Best to stock up and be prepared.
10. Mavi jeans $102 (on sale) at The Iconic: Given that Nina wore super tight jeans her whole pregnancy, I’m guessing she’ll be back in her regulars quick smart. If not, it’s always good to pick up a pair on sale in a size that fits you now … or stay in the maternity ones like I did. Trying on your pre-pregnancy jeans too soon does absolutely nothing for a woman’s body confidence. Nothing, I tell you.
Are you missing Nina too? What would you buy her for Christmas? Live in Melbourne and have seen any filming of Offspring taking place? Spill!
* I know Nina is not real. Just in case you were concerned about me 🙂