My winter jeans wardrobe is extensive. And by extensive I mean full to overflowing. Yes, I have my favourites, many of which have been featured in outfits here on the blog.
But what about now? As the temperature heats up around the country and in some parts has hit sweltering proportions. Can we still wear jeans for summer?
It’s a question that I’ve had two readers ask me in a matter of days so I’m taking a little punt that it’s a sign that many of you may have the same question as well.
In short, I say yes. Especially this particular summer.
Why this summer?
Because there are a few key denim trends made for warmer months and they’re currently working their way into stores and potentially into our wardrobes.
1. Light-wash denim is everywhere. It just seems more summer friendly, doesn’t it? Visually it looks like summer and it won’t absorb as much heat as wearing a darker denim.
2. The boyfriend style is in full flight. I dipped my legs into this trend in this post. Will I dip again? Most probably yes I will.
3. Jeans are earning their street cred with everything from a little distressing through to big gaping holes that show more leg than what they cover. Some of these jeans are best left to sweet, young, (hopefully faux) tanned things. I’m a little envious of their access to the cross-ventilation effect of said holes but I’ll stick to covering my legs with just a minor distress on the side.
4. Chambray pants are a lightweight denim alternative. If you live in a climate similar to me, these will be your summer friends. They’re not technically jeans but by virtue of their colour I’m putting these pants in the jean category. The softer the chambray or cotton the better.
5. Capri pants allow you to embrace the trend without the holes and heat-restricting qualities of full-length jeans. You know my thoughts on the wide-legged 3/4 pant but when a capri pant tapers at the ankle, I’m all over that style for its lower leg flattering qualities – in a flash.
1. Sportscraft crop denim jeans $99.95 | 2. Sussan chambray pant $89.95 (sold out online but check in store) | 3. Country Road chambray pant $99.95 (back in stock by popular demand) | 4. Jeanswest relaxed capri $79.99 | 5. sass & bide jeans $320 @ The Iconic
Is this a trend you’re already working? Where did you get your jeans? Keen to try it?
Hair, Beauty and Spa Directory
The Styling You Hair, Beauty and Spa Directory is up. You can check it out here. It’s been created by you – SY readers – so if you’re still to add in your fave hair salon, beauty therapist or spa then head over to this post and leave the details. We’re aware that some people tried to do this when the post was first published but it could be that your comment went to spam because of the links. Leave links out if your comment doesn’t show up. I’ll be drawing on this directory for inclusion in my book – the deadline for my manuscript is next Monday so get in quick if you’d like to be considered for inclusion.