Just a quick one, Stylers … I’ll be back later today with a Christmas wrap-up but thought this timely reminder was a good one if you’re heading to the Boxing Days Sales today.
Repeat after me: I will not buy a new piece of clothing JUST BECAUSE it’s on SALE.
Key sales shopping tips
1. Go with a list – you’ve done your seasonal wardrobe edit, haven’t you? What are the gaps missing from your summer wardrobe? That’s what you should be buying.
2. Allocate more of your shopping budget to buying classic summer pieces. Do you need a new swimsuit, work outfits, party dress?
3. Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to take on and off. You MUST try on everything you’re potentially buying. No time to try? Walk away.
4. Start your shopping day at opening time and get out before the crowds – and change rooms – get crazy.
5. Stay focussed. Do not be seduced by the % off signs. Be seduced by the clothes and accessories you actually need.
Good luck. It’s a shopping jungle out there.
Or stay at home and click away online … the smart people have already started sales shopping this way.
Let me know what you’re looking for and what you end up buying.