I have an accessory obsession. But if you’re a regular here you know that, don’t you?
I cannot get enough of these outfit toppers. Without them my outfits are mere un-iced and un-decorated cakes.
I do play favourites with my accessory collection. Yes, I have my my regular arm party on my watch hand but to balance things out, I can’t get enough of a statement ring … or three.
But, ah, that’s just SO last year, isn’t it?
This year, you’ll often find me wearing a minimum of two … sometimes three … statement rings.
I’ve decided this is because I’m a little bit of a ring, fancy pants show-off.
I talk with my hands and I’m fond of wrapping my hands around a wine glass while talking.
Some would call this Accessories Attention Seeking Behaviour (AASB). And I’m ok with that.
In fact, I embraced it on my recent trip to New York. I was very lucky enough to pack in my luggage some stunning hand-crafted accessories from Renee Blackwell Design.
Renee crafts earrings, pendants and rings using gemstones and vintage buttons (while I was in New York she was at the International Button Convention in another part of the US … she is always fossicking for new and original pieces to complete and inspire her designs).
So, with Renee’s rings on my fingers you can imagine how my AASB got a little bit out of control, can’t you?
I couldn’t help myself … these rings just had to be flaunted.
How to wear statement rings:
1. Don’t just stop at one. Two or three, now you’re talking.
2. They don’t all have to match. They should complement each other but too matchy matchy and you might look more nana-ish than on-trend-ish.
3. If you’re going to make a statement, make a statement. Wear rings that will get noticed and talked about. They’re great conversation starters.
4. Pop out a colour or two from your outfit using the ring and mix these colours with silver and/or gold.
5. Mix textures in your rings for added wow factor.
Do you love to wear cocktail rings? Do you wear more than one at a time?
Head over and check out Renee Blackwell’s blog. She sells her individual pieces via the blog. Many are one-offs. Her jewellery is also stocked Australia wide. For a stockist list, click here. Oh and Renee’s just let me know she’s currently got a buy one, get a second pair free offer on these classic sterling silver earrings.