If anyone were to take a peek into my beauty cabinet/s, they would probably be shocked but not surprised at the amount of products I keep on hand. Then there is the
mountain organised pile near my desk and the overflow in my work store cupboard …
It’s all part of my job, of course. Well, that’s what I tell my husband.
I haven’t counted the number of products that I’ve applied to my face, lips, cheeks, hair, legs, arms and chinkles* this year but I do know there have been A LOT. Probably hundreds.
This list I’ve compiled below represents the 10 out of those hundreds that have stopped me in my beauty tracks. Products that have wooed and wowed me. Products I’ve gone back to buy long after the trial sample sent to me has run out.
Without further ado, I present to you the Styling You Top 10:
1. Napoleon Perdis Lady in Red lipgloss $30: This hybid gloss/lip stain first came out to play for Blogopolis 2011 and here’s what I had to say about the best red lip colour to ever grace my lips.
2. Samadara by Sodashi Ultimate Age Defying Creme $495: Ok, so this was one face cream I shouldn’t have fallen for given it’s at the luxe end of the beauty budget scale. But I did.
3. Original & Mineral Detox Conditioner $28.95: I’ve written lots about my dodgy, sensitive, psoriasis scalp and when then this conditioner first touched it, it was love at first massage.
4. Kerastase Elixir Ultime $48.50: The image here is actually the new limited edition package set to be released for this amazing cocktail of hair oils. My hair just loves it.
5. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector (aka B.B. Cream) $13.95: I’m going to call it – this was my top beauty release for 2011. I’m on to my third tube and use it as my everyday moisturiser, topped with some mineral powder. Here’s why I rate it.
6. Clarisonic Mia $149: I was late to the Clarisonic party but I’m very happy that Mia was my first try. I love that she is smaller than her original, classic sisters … but I mostly love that she has done amazing things for my skin.
7. Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation $65: This foundation has become my go-to foundation of choice for special occasions. It has staying power, even in the humidity of Queensland, and it gives me a flawless glow that shaves off years. See for yourself here.
8. Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Concealer $11.95: I’m a concealer-holic and this one (used in tandem with its Brightener twin) represents great value for a fantastic result. Perfect for getting your glow on.
9. Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator $105: Also part of my glow arsenal, this serum works immediately for a gorgeous lustre but then over time to improve and even out your skin tone.
10. Benefit They’re Real mascara $38: I was hard pushed to find a Benefit product release that I DIDN’T love this year but this one was my ultimate stand-out of the stand-outs. You can read why my lashes battered just a bit more obviously here.
Oh, and can I cheat and add in a few more?
In the budget hair category, Pantene Nature Fusion was a big, big winner. It was the first budget hair product that didn’t irritate my scalp.
And I fell big time for ANY eye products that came with a roller ball applicator.
Did you try or buy any of these products this year? Or do you have another stand-out beauty or hair product you’d like to add to the list?