By lunch time today I officially have all my kids home from school for the holidays. I will bawl and sob out a thank-you to my youngest’s prep teachers before rushing to my hairdresser so she can work her magic on a ‘do for tonight’s office Christmas party.
Well, clearly not MY office Christmas party – it’s my husband’s (although stay tuned … I’m planning a virtual party. It will be BYO jatz, dip and West Coast Coolers but I’ll be dishing out some prizes. Save the date: Thursday evening, December 22).
I’ve got this frock all ready to go, the spray tan has cured nicely overnight and I’m ready for a little fun … I’ll pop an outfit post up next week. Promise.
In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of the cool stuff that’s either landed on my desk or I’ve found while
wasting time researching on the interwebs.
1. Slap Watches, from $34.95: I admit I can’t think about the word “slap” without thinking about The Slap, as in the TV show inspired by the book but that’s just my quirky brain processing. Moving right along. Slap watches are of course based on the schoolyard favourite, slap bands. I actually challenge you to slap it on your wrist just once. Me, I couldn’t stop. Just wanted to keep slapping myself. Only ceased this activity when my children were in danger of losing all function in their eyeballs from excessive rolling. What I’m also loving about these watches is the colour blocking opportunities they lend themselves too. Particularly if you decided to do a bit of band colour inter-change work. Which is so super cool.
2. Sambag Clear Sunnies at Westfield $96 (reduced until end of today): A strange thing has happened this season. The black side of my wardrobe has had to take a back seat. Colour has been calling me. And when I put some of my new “brighter” outfits on, my black sunnies just seem too heavy. I think clear is the new black for summer. What say you?
3. Andy and Molly iClutch $99: Hands up if you’ve ever done the phone, wallet, keys juggle, only to drop at least one of the things you’re trying to juggle? Actually, on second thoughts, don’t put your hands up … particularly if you’re reading this on your phone and doing the juggle now. That’s why I’m a little bit in love with this leather clutch. My phone sits neatly in place, I can add a few cards, some dollars and some coinage and head out for the night. I’ve even got around the no spot for my lip gloss by tucking it in the centre fold.
4. Suboo Legian Beach umbrella $99.95: Our beach umbrella has seen better days. Days without rust from salt spray. Days without the odd broken spoke. I’m thinking that this is the kind of beach style statement I want to make this summer. Forget being bikini-ready (because let’s face it, miracles would be better served elsewhere), instead I’m going to be beach-ready, sitting under this bubbly, bright umbrella, reading a book and taking in the view.
5. GlossyBox $14.95 per month: When this glamorous little pink and black box arrived with the postie this week, it was wrapped so beautifully, I really didn’t want to open it. I did, obviously. Inside was six beauty products plus a packet of pink jelly beans. Mine came unannounced but you can get a similar box delivered to your door every month for this teeny price. If you’re even partially beauty obsessed, I’d jump on that. GlossyBox has just arrived in Australia but is a huge, huge success in Europe. When you sign up you complete a beauty profile, so you receive a mystery box of products suited to you. Every month. And a host of big name beauty brands (think Jurlique, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, Biotherm and Yves Saint Laurent) are involved so we’re talking the real deal here.
Like anything you see? Or has something caught your eye on the inter-webs or in the shops this week you’d like to share with us? Happy weekend everyone x* Some of these products were gifted to me in accordance with my editorial disclosure policy. Others I just like the look of and have passed on to Santa for processing.