I’ve been cheating on my 2+5 fruit and vegetable rule of late. If by cheating you mean ODing. In the fruit department.
And I’m not talking about taking first dibs on the new-season Queensland strawberries in my fruit bowl.
No, I can’t get enough fruit flavours and scents in my life. It’s all about lip-smacking, candle-scenting, body-washing and under-arm-smelling, fruity zestiness.
If it’s not a bit of banana in my lip balm (only way I can afford a bit of banana, mind you), then it’s a hint of fig in a candle, a pine-lime cocktail on my lips, some nectarine under my arms and peach in the shower.
Is my name Carmen Miranda? Quite possibly.
So what’s been on my zesty hit list*? Take a look there’s nothing over $16.
1. Johnson’s Body Care Be Fresh and Imagine body wash (750ml, $7.79) is scented with white peach and tea rose and leaves your skin super soft. Available at supermarkets.
2. Sheigo Liptails in Splice ($15.95) takes me back to my uni bar-tending days in the ’80s when this was my knock-off drink of choice. And if you’re more a Cosmo or Black Russian cocktail lover, you might want to check out the rest of the range here.
3. Dove Roll On: Go Fresh in nectarine and white ginger scent (50ml, $3.69) is perfect for keeping in your handbag and freshening up throughout the day. Available at supermarkets.
4. The Body Shop 100% Natural Lip Roll-On range ($10.95 each) launches on August 22. It’s got that roller ball action I love so much and comes in five flavours, including two fruity ones – orange and berry. Unlike a balm or a gloss, this is a natural liquid oil you can wear alone or over a lip colour. The hydration effect is instant.
5. Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid ($15.95) started as a limited edition product and it seems I’m not the only one to rave about it. The demand is so great that it’s now become a part of the permanent Lanolips range. Love the lemon oil in this product.
6. The juicy collaboration between Boost Juice and Bloom Cosmetics is nothing short of inspired. Bloom Boost lip balms (4g, $6.95) come in six fruit combinations. You’ll so want them all. And until the end of July – yes, that’s Sunday people – if you head over to Bloom Cosmetics you can download a voucher to get two for $10.
7. I love candles and with Palm Beach Collection recently releasing its mini collection ($14.95), I can have a little bit of luxury in every room. My current scent of choice: Fig, Cassis and Mandarin, offers just the right balance of sweet and spice. The candles are hand-poured and made from soy wax and essential oils.
Do you like fruity scents in bath and body products? Do you have a fave fruit? And how good are the strawberries right now?
*These products were sent to me for review consideration. For more on my disclosure policy, click here.