I had one of those days yesterday. You know the ones. When you feel a bit MEH.
My MEHness could be put down to the fact that Mr I’m-6-Next-Week had me up in the wee hours of the morning with a raging fever.
I phoned the school to say he wouldn’t be in (we have to call an absentee line and leave a message – it seriously feels like you’re ringing in sick for work and you think your boss will think that you’re faking it) so that meant I we could stay in bed for another two hours.
I was still feeling and looking, how shall we say it, crap. I did not look anything like this.
A shower helped and then I called on my new illuminating makeup friends to make me look anything but the MEH on CRAP that I felt.
Here’s what I used on my face
1. Estee Lauder New Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator 30ml $105 (Available from July 17, 2011)
2. Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation 30ml $55
3. Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Concealer 10ml $11.95
4. Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Brightener 10ml $11.95
5. Illamasqua Illuminator in Halcyon 7ml $34
6. Jane Iredale Moonglow Golden Bronzer 8.5g $90
And the icing on the glow? A pair of bright earrings. Nothing like a pop of colour close to your eyes to bring on the comments and make you smile. In the video I’m wearing some faves from Lydia Jewels (here are some similar ones).
You also might like the look of these:
1. Sophie Kyron Turkish Delight earrings $110 at Boutique Accessories*
2. JJ Sisters Printed Striped earrings $19.95 at Birdsnest
3. Sportsgirl graduated fan earrings $14.95
4. Samantha Wills Constantine earrings $220
So, how do you fake it till you don’t look like crap when you’ve had a rough night? Spill … I need tips for today.
* You must check out Boutique Accessories and not just for the amazing collection of statement pieces. And the best bit … you can actually “virtually” try on the accessories before your buy. This video shows you how.