I love how the blogging world brings the world to your door – literally. This week I’m taking part for the first time in Friend Friday – a link up of fashion and beauty blogs from around the world organised by Katy from Modly Chic, a US blogger. (If you’re interested in taking part in this group, check out this brilliant how-to from Grit & Glamour, another fab US-based blogger)
In a nutshell, a topic is set for bloggers to write about for that Friday, we all link up and share our thoughts on those topics.
This week it’s all about beauty products – and particularly our faves. Yes, I stumbled on a goody for my first post.
1. What’s your favourite drug store (pharmacy) makeup product and your favourite higher-end product?
My low-end makeup product is the Lanolips range of lip balms – Australian-made natural formulations that feel fabulous on your lips. Not a sticky glass encounter in sight!
My favourite high-end product is Jane Iredale PurePressed Base – it’s my go-to foundation that enables me to create a flawless face in seconds.
2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can’t live without?
Concealer – definitely. Ever since having my first child so many years ago, those dark under eyes have persisted! If I always have a great concealer on hand then my makeup look is a cinch. I love Smashbox’s High Definition, which I wear over Photo Op Under Eye Brightener.
3. What’s the best hair product you’ve ever used?
It’s not a product – it’s a salon treatment that I’ve been back twice for – Kerastase Paris Chronologiste – it’s like having a facial on your hair, a hairacial!
4. Fess up, what’s the worst beauty look you’ve tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did
That’s so easy – I rocked my one and only perm at the age of 17. As they say, a picture tells a 100o words:
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and
That changes thanks to constantly trying new products. Lately I’ve been obsessed with a pink lip and a pink glow, which really came out of left field as I’m not a girly girl. It’s a statement without being too out there.
Let me know what makeup product you can’t live without?