Who doesn’t have something to hide? Whether it’s dark circles, pigmentation, blemishes, uneven skin tone or rosacea – we all feel better with a little coverage. Jane Iredale mineral makeup has your skin problems covered, offering all you need for the ultimate in camouflage makeup.
All Jane Iredale minerals have concentrated pigment (that is undiluted by talc), meaning camouflage can be fast and easy, especially when covering any type of redness or erythema. The difference with Jane Iredale minerals is that they are made up of a variety of particle sizes that overlap like fish scales and hold tightly to the skin – resulting in complete, unsurpassed coverage.
Jane Iredale believes that the most beautiful cosmetic you can wear is healthy skin. For this reason everything it develops is a true extension of skin care. The makeup is not just a refinement of normal makeup; it’s a new technology.
Founder and president, Jane Iredale, worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and dermatologists in the development of the line because she believes makeup should be as good for the skin as it is aesthetically pleasing. The “skin care first” approach to beauty has changed the face of makeup as we know it today and has made us the leading choice of the world’s foremost skin care professionals and makeup artists.
Jane Iredale’s National Educator, Celeste David says minerals are so effective for creating a smooth skin tone. “Minerals reflect, refract and diffuse light, creating a soft focus effect, which minimises imperfections. The best way to achieve flawless skin is to layer the minerals using the correct tools. Start lightly and build up to the amount of coverage you require,” says Celeste.
Covering redness by using green-based products is actually a big no-no as it leaves skin looking grey and chalky. Jane Iredale yellow-based powders conceal redness without dulling the skin – try PurePressed Base ($83) or Amazing Base ($79) for fuss-free coverage. The most versatile yellow base, Warm Sienna, is popular for camouflaging erythema, however Warm Silk, Amber and Golden Glow will also work well.
UNDER EYE CIRCLES
Jane Iredale mineral bases conceal so effectively that you may not need to use an additional product. If under eye shadows are a problem, apply your base first and bring it up under the eye using a clean eye shadow brush. If you require further coverage, apply Circle/Delete ($58) or Active Light ($58) with the Camouflage Brush ($34). Both products are packed with beneficial ingredients that nourish the eye area. “Always choose a colour that matches your skin tone or is slightly lighter. Apply the product to the inside corner of the eye and the entire under eye area. Use your ring finger to smooth and blend the edges,” says Celeste.
For any hyper-pigmented areas, it’s best to camouflage with orange or pink-based concealers, which are particularly helpful for counteracting grey under eye circles. If pink or purple discoloration is visible under the eyes or anywhere on the skin, it’s best to use yellow-based products.
Make problematic blemishes vanish with Disappear ($54) – a concentrated concealer developed specifically to meet the needs of acne sufferers. The liposome-based formula is packed with ingredients such as green tea extracts that decompose free radicals and combat acne bacteria. It comes packaged with a patented applicator that won’t cross contaminate or spread bacteria.
Zap&Hide ($58) is a new double-ended blemish treatment stick. Zap is a clear stick containing beneficial anti-septic botanicals, while Hide is a highly pigmented, creamy concealer to cover the blemish. Although it is powerful and effective, it is gentle enough to be used as often as needed.
All Jane Iredale products are completely non-comedogenic and allow the skin to breathe and function normally. They do not support bacteria and help to sooth and calm inflammation. With no sensitisers they can be worn on sensitive or allergy-prone skin whilst dramatically improving the skin’s appearance.
Jane Iredale products I’m loving right now
1. Active Light concealer ($58). Those who know me know that concealer is my must-have beauty item – and has been since I was in hospital with my first child! This one is not too sticky, not too dry and does a very good job of making me look like I had eight hours’ sleep.
2. Eye Steppes Go Blue ($100). Talk about make it SO easy to carry makeup with you in your handbag or for travelling. This is one of three Steppes compacts currently available and includes five eye colours (Oyster, Rosy, Taupe, Swiss Chocolate and Smoke) that work to create a look that can go from day to dramatic in a flash.
3. My Steppes Cool (this is part of the Just for Me collection out next month – yes, lucky me got to play early!). Together with Eye Steppes Go Blue, I have all my makeup colour needs in two compact cases. This one includes two lip glosses (Cotton Candy and Pomegranate), a blush (Barely Rose) and a bronzer (So Bronze 3).
4. Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara – black ice ($65). I’ve long been a fan of this mascara. It not only provides fab coverage it also conditions your lashes while you wear it.
5. Mystikol in Citrine ($36). These ingenious dual-ended powder eyeliner and highlighter pencils are new in Australia and this is a colour that will be out next month. It looks like it will go on bronze but for me it’s a lovely rich brown – creating a smokey eye without looking like you’ve been in a fight is a cinch. The highlighter can be applied along the brow bone, cheek bone or to the inner corner of the eyes.
For stockist information please call 1300 850 008 or visit www.margifox.com.au
*This is a paid blog post. I’m SO excited to have Jane Iredale and Margi Fox as my beauty sponsor for the upcoming Ausse Bloggers Conference. I’ve used Jane Iredale mineral foundation for many years – my secret to achieving a flawless look in five-minutes flat. I’ve received the above mentioned products to trial and will also have my makeup done by a Jane Iredale makeup artist on the morning of the conference. (I know, lucky, lucky me!) Conference attendees don’t miss out either, with each attendee receiving a Jane Iredale gift.