Have you checked out the new online stores from Country Road and Trenery as yet? I was on there the minute word went around Facebook and Twitter that the much-anticipated sites were up. And, I liked what I saw. Excitingly, this month’s fashion releases offer some great looks for the trans-seasonal months ahead.
Here are my top 5 looks for September 2010:
1. Tailored jacket and shorts. This is just the right combo of classic and edge. The addition of the jacket will allow you to work this look for a client meeting.
2. Maxi skirts. This is such a fun skirt. You’ll see a whole lot more of the maxi length this season. I like it for many of the same reasons as I love the maxi dress (see below).
3. The maxi dress. There is a very good reason why the maxi dress still reigns supreme in the summer style stakes. They offer summer elegance in one simple garment. Loving this one from Trenery.
4. The Playsuit. This is not a look I’ll be chasing this summer but very happy to see others (ie younger, more petite style sisters) embrace. The addition of a summer scarf completes the picture.
5. Easy layering. A black t-shirt style skirt and tank provide a solid base for a trans-seasonal work outfit. Simply add a lightweight jacket to see you through from morning till night.
Let me know which one is your favourite look for September?