Welcome to Fabulous Fridays – my weekly blog and video blog (vlog!) about the things that have made my week. It’s all about the positive – and yes, you’ll find a little style tip as well. Let me know what you think? And most importantly, what’s made your week.
1. U2 tickets – and happy Father’s Day to all the dad out there. The dad in this house (and Styling You’s resident ManLand blogger) has already got lucky. Some deft internet work on Monday night saw me pick up two tix to U2’s Brisbane concert. If he’s VERY lucky he may receive socks on Sunday as well.
2. Celebrating people – My gorgeous girlfriend Min Swan from White House Celebrations has a passion for celebrating others. No-one I know comes up with the special touches that she thinks of and this is just one of them – at her On The Red Carpet networking event on Tuesday night, we could leave a message on the White House Facebook page.
3. My uber-performing son (and don’t worry, I’m SO not a stage mother). My eldest son is smart. So smart that if I didn’t know for sure that I gave birth to him 15 years ago, I’d question his parentage. Only kidding. Of course, he gets it from me. Last weekend his Tournament of the Minds (TOM) team won through to the State finals and then on Tuesday he found out his Future Problem Solving team won through to the National finals in Melbourne. Yes, I’m a proud mum but also gearing up to sell LOTS of fundraising chocolates.
4. New shoes – seriously, is there any better way to celebrate a new season than with shoes? Shoes always fit (well maybe not after a long-haul flight) and quite frankly you can never have too many. These nude, clog-style heels by Natasha won my heart at High Heels Mooloolaba.
5. Beauty find – new MAC Pro Longwear collection. I ask a lot of my makeup. Mostly, can you just please try and look as good at 5pm as when I applied you at 7am? So imagine my excitement at this new range from MAC Cosmetics? There are three products – a lip colour, Lipcreme, SPF Foundation and Concealer and two brushes. Check out the result on the video above – I’m impressed. You can build the coverage from medium through to flawless and apparently it will last 15 hours – talk about a marathon effort. The lipcreme also has staying power but without feeling like your lips are in need of a drink. www.maccosmetics.com.au
6. What is style? This was a question posed by Heather M. Claus on her site 365 Days of Style. Heather’s based in North Carolina, in the US, but we connected via Twitter and I got to add my two cents worth to the style question. You can check it out here. So tell me, what does style mean to you?
Don’t forget to leave a comment below … I also want to know what’s made YOUR week?