Confession time. I was a late adapter in the phenomenon that is Eat Pray Love. Elizabeth Gilbert did not need me to purchase her paperback to help her bank account along. It was well and truly full by the time I picked up my copy. To be honest, I wasn’t sure I’d find her 12-month of navel gazing all that interesting. I knew I’d be jealous … I mean who gets to just run away from their life for 12 months?
But then I started reading … and I couldn’t stop. Is it shallow of me to admit I liked the Eat and the Love parts best? Of course it is. My bad. MUST. GET. MORE. IN. TOUCH. WITH. INNER. SELF.
Anyway, I AM excited about the movie (Mr Styling You has even said he’ll come with me … I know, I know, I’ll let him off the hook when it comes to crunch time but I’m stringing him along at the moment).
To help contain that excitement I thought I’d bring you some Eat Pray Love essentials … you know, in case you too are dreaming of nicking off for a year. (Oh, and if you do, please don’t tell me. Or write a bestseller. Green is not my best colour.)
1. You may as well have some nice luggage tags to show off to those who drop you at the airport. These are from Bag Tag Studio – and yes, you can get them custom made.
2. Not into the Love bit? … then this tee from Mannikin is for you.
3. Want to just get enlightened via your computer? … download Sam Sample’s ebook: Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be Genki
4. To get a little Pray in your life every day, try this pranamat ($138, also from Be Genki). Apparently if you lie down on this at the end of each day, you won’t even think about a glass of wine. It’s a acupressure tool for self-healing, relaxation and revitilisation that restores the energy flow of your body that is a combination of ancient wisdom, bio design and modern technologies.
5. Make like you are in Bali with these resin necklaces from the latest Dinosaur Designs’ Coral Sea collection.
6. Planning to do the Eat part? I suggest you take these jeans with you. NYDJs (Not Your Daughter’s Jeans) suck you in but still feel like you’re wearing tracky pants.
7. Want those lips to be ready for the Love part? Lanolips 101 Ointment is all you need. Don’t leave home without it.
So, over to you … have you seen Eat Pray Love yet? Did you sleep through the Pray bit? Where would you spend 12 months if you could escape?