Welcome to Fabulous Friday. Every week, I share a little about my week, the good stuff (I’m not into the negative), a little retail therapy and a few fun moments. Then it’s your turn. What made your week? Did you find a fashion bargain? See a great movie? Read an inspirational book? Leave a comment below. This week’s best comment wins a bottle of the new SJP NYC fragrance.
1. Mother’s Day: Mother’s Day is a little bittersweet in our home. My hubby and I have both lost our mums so I have no choice but to lap up all the attention myself – and this year it started with a sleep-in, some fab pressies, breakfast and then out to lunch at my favourite sushi/Japanese bar, Sakana at Mooloolaba, and a chick flick DVD in the afternoon. Gorgeous weather and memories with my family. Oh, and there was minimal niggling among the kids so THAT was fabulous.
2. Lust-have: Oh, iPad how I covet thee. I’m such as gadget girl. Love anything new, shiny and exciting, so first thing Monday morning when the email landed from Apple announcing the iPad was due in Australia by May 28 … well, it went straight to the top of my birthday wishlist. Or Christmas? Please.
3. Buy of the week: Twenty8 organic skincare. I get to trial A LOT of skincare products but none has ever stopped in my tracks as much as this range from Sunshine Coast authors and aromatherapists, Kim Morrison and Fleur Whelligan. It’s made with certified organic ingredients, is simple to use and most importantly – effective! My skin has never felt and looked so good. If I had to pinpoint a fave product, it would be the Firming Eye and Lip Cream ($52). I love a dual-purpose product and this works a treat under my eyes and on fine lines around my lips. Shameless plug alert: I’m also selling the starter kits for either the Nourish or Balance range in my shop.
4. Sex and the City 2 update: : Not many sleeps now until the sequel hits the big screen. And the SATC-inspired products continue to roll in. On Sunday May 16, the latest fragrance from Sarah Jessica Parker hits the shelves. SJP NYC ($55 for 30ml) was inspired by the essence and spirit of Sarah Jessica Parker’s beloved character, Carrie Bradshaw, walking down her favorite New York City streets. It’s a fruity floral and captures the feeling of freedom, possibilities, playfulness – and of course fabulous style. Me thinks the ultimate fragrance accessory for an adventure in fashion. SJP NYC will be available from David Jones, Myer, The Perfume Connection, selected pharmacies and authorised Coty stockists nationally. Ph 1800 812 663
And speaking of SATC accessories, Diva has just released its SATC-inspired collection, Carried Away! Featuring flashy gold bangles, flirty earrings and bold eye-catching rings, this range makes us feel like we could hop in the nearest yellow taxi to Manhattan or Central Park. There is even a gold “Carrie” necklace, identical to the one that Sarah Jessica Parker famously rocked throughout the entire show and first movie.
5. Blog love: Feeling the love this week in blogger land. Not one but two mentions. The first came from The Purple Finch, where blogger Vikashni Moyle showcases her unique jewellery and textile works including bags and hand crafted plush toys. The second was Sharnanigans. Blogger Sharni Montgomery tells her tales of swapping her previous city girl life for the OHT (One Horse Town) and becoming a mum. HILARIOUS. Anyways … Sharni contacted me for a virtual styling. Here’s what I wrote.
Blogger Jodie Ansted (Mummy Mayhem) has declared today #Bloggerswithoutmakeup so we’re all going nude (well not really, that would definitely send our readers away, but we are makeup free on our blog and Twitter profile pic). Personally, I’m all for a little concealor, a swishing of mineral makeup, a slick of mascara and some lip balm. It makes me feel a little more “put together” but in the spirit of today, here’s my contribution:
6. Winners are grinners: Everyone in my competition was a winner thanks to Princess Chic donating a $25 gift voucher for every person who entered. The other prizes went to some very lucky people from throughout Australia and a couple of my US readers. Check if you’re a winner here. If you missed out, I’ll be running more competitions in the future. We received more than 1300 entries for this one and I’m SO grateful for my work experience student, Danielle Mellish, being around to help me sort them. Will miss her next week. The feeling may not be mutual after today.
So, over to you. What made your week? The best comment wins a bottle of the new SJP NYC fragrance.