In honour of my new-look blog, this is my new weekly post, Fabulous Friday. Every week, I’ll share a little about my week, the good stuff (I’m not into the negative), a little retail therapy and a few fun moments. Then it’s your turn. What made your week? Did you find a fashion bargain? See a great movie? Read an inspirational book? Leave a comment below.
1. Buy of the Week: Country Road Jersey Sweat Pants ($79.95). I have a confession to make. I love nothing more, when the weather turns cooler, than lounging around in trackie pants. Not particularly stylish, you might be thinking. I say, horses for courses. Or in this case leggings for trackies. Loving these pants I bought this week. Great with an oversized sweat (hot chocolate and chicklit novel optional extras) for a weekend chill out.
2. School holidays: This week it’s all been about the kids. When not purchasing Ben 10 undies for Mr 4, I’ve been coaching on part-time job hunting for Mr Almost-15 and wardrobe editing for Miss 13-going-on-30. Happy to report Mr Almost-15 got a job; Miss 13 found a gap in her wardrobe and bought these new Converse shoes (classic Connies are apparently SO LAST YEAR); and Mr 4 has taken to wearing his Ben 10 undies on the outside. Happy days.
3. Me time. On a day-to-day basis this can be quite elusive. I keep looking for it under the sofa but just can’t find it anywhere. In an attempt to create me time, have recently embraced meditation … not sure if I’ve got it yet but closing the bedroom door and putting on my husband’s Bose headphones to block out noise of children on school holidays surely has to be beneficial for my sanity? (NB. husband’s headphones do not feature pink Swarovski crystals as pictured below but perhaps I’ll need my own pair soon … just saying)
4. New handbag essential. Colgate WISP mini disposable toothbrushes have taken the US by storm. Now you too won’t want to leave home without one, particularly if you have a post-lunch meeting or are heading out after work with friends. These mini gems have a built-in cleaning bead so you don’t even need water – there’s even a soft pick on the other end of the brush. Priced from $1.99 for a pack of two.
5. Did you know? “If you do wear one fragrance in winter and another in summer, extend the life between seasons by storing the bottle in the vegetable crisper at the bottom of the refrigerator,” recommends perfume expert Michael Edwards. Sorry, zucchinis, no room for you. Coco Mademoiselle has your spot covered.
6. Currently loving Florence + The Machine. My husband found this YouTube clip last weekend – a live version of You’ve Got the Love with Dizzie Rascal at the Brit Awards. This tune will be spending quality time in your head in the coming months with the new Masterchef series picking it up as its theme song. Listen out for my other Florence fave, Dog Days are Over, in the Eat, Pray, Love movie out in August.