In honour of my new-look blog, this is my new weekly post, Fabulous Friday. Every week, I’ll share a little about my week, the good stuff (I’m not into the negative), a little retail therapy and a few fun moments. Then it’s your turn. What made your week? Did you find a fashion bargain? See a great movie? Read an inspirational book? Leave a comment below.
1. Buy of the week: Since wearing these earrings while hosting the [email protected] event last week, I’ve not been able to stop (wearing them, that is). Renee Blackwell is a Sunshine Coast-based jewellery designer and I’m always amazed at the new designs she comes up with. These Long Drop earrings ($85) are equally as stunning when worn with my hair up or down. Hair down, I like the way the sterling silver half hoop “disappears” in my hair, peeking out in a subtle way. Hair up, it’s all about making an earring statement. Mine feature black onyx stones but you can also choose from red coral or pearl (email [email protected] to place an order!).
2. Lust-have of the week: There’s a little bit of a nip in the evening air, which gets me just a tad excited about winter fashion. Boots, coats, tights … and scarves. And when it comes to scarves, I’ve discovered a range you’ll want to wrap your neck around all winter long. The Little Scarf Shop Italian cashmere scarves (Buy now from my shop – $155 including postage in Australia) will lift even the most casual outfit as only the luxury of cashmere can. Currently lusting after the Latte version but you might fall for Midnight Blue, Black, Raspberry, Pink Dusk, Green Apples or Deep Purple. Each scarf comes in a care bag, perfect for stashing your cashmere away ready in your handbag for when the temp drops. Here are some style tips from Katherine Craig for wearing your Little Scarf Shop scarf this season.
3. Shopping with gorgeous clients: I’ve been shopping three times in the last week … for work. I love nothing more than being able to solve a style “jigsaw” for my clients. No jigsaw is ever the same but that’s what makes it exciting. I start with the corner and side bits of a client’s lifestyle and personality and then throughout the session we manage to fill in the middle bits with clothes that suit. And the best bit … I’m getting my retail therapy fix without flexing my credit card. LOVE MY JOB.
4. Lipstick love: There’s been a lot of hype over the latest lipstick from Chanel … and in my humble opinion, rightly so. The new Rouge Coco lipstick range ($50 each) got a red carpet launch at this year’s Oscars – it was the lipstick seen on the lips of Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdam and Julianne Moore. So what’s all the fuss about? The new formulation is a gloss-finish lipstick but it’s long-wearing and so luxe to wear. My fave shade is Mademoiselle – a dark pinky nude that makes me feel spesh every day. Hunt down your new fave at your nearest Chanel counter.
5. Sex and The City update: I’ve not attempted to hide my excitement about the premiere of Sex and the City 2 on June 2. I’ll be seeing it on June 3 as part of the Sunshine Coast Style Awards (… umm I have been nominated) at the Noosa Cinemas. So any news about SATC2 that passes through my inbox gets me all giddy. The latest is from SKYY Vodka – the official vodka of the movie (yes, who knew movies could have an official vodka?!). SKYY creates couture cocktails and the ultimate accessory will be this limited edition bottle designed by Patricia Field, the costume designer behind Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda’s fashion moments.
I’m sharing with you Charlotte’s SKYY cocktail, Pretty Princess (email me if you want the other recipes):40ml SKYY Vodka 80ml Lemon Lime Soda 1 Lemon Squeeze 10ml Red Wine
Squeeze and drop lemon squeeze into a cocktail shaker with SKYY Vodka and lemon lime soda. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and stir. Strain into a tall Collins glass with fresh ice. Float red wine over top of drink as garnish. Serve with a skinny black straw.
6. Competitions: I’m running my own competition at the moment and I’d love you to be a winner in that. Because I can’t win my own comp, I’m gunning for this one … MAC are taking one lucky person (ie, moi) to New York Fashion Week to see Australia’s best fashion talent showcase their collections! You also have a chance to win the daily product giveaways from MAC’s exclusive backstage-inspired SS 2010 Collection.