In honour of my new-look blog, this is my new weekly post, Fabulous Friday. Every week, I’ll share a little about my week, the good stuff (I’m not into the negative), a little retail therapy and a few fun moments. Then it’s your turn. What made your week? Did you find a fashion bargain? See a great movie? Read an inspirational book? Leave a comment below.
1. Online excitement. Country Road, announced this week that it would be launching its online store in August. My long-standing girl crush on this store started when I moved to the big smoke for uni in the ’80s. If you didn’t have a Country Road tote bag on campus, you didn’t have any fashion cred … now Country Road has a big sister (Trenery, which will also be online) and my teenage daughter has her first CR tote bag. Ah, the fashion circle of life is complete.
2. Me, organised? Yes, I attended by first kikki.K organisational workshop on Tuesday and I’m even more hooked on this stationery treasure trove. You see, I THOUGHT I had the paper flow thing down pat but it turns out it was stressing me out because I feel the pressure to file things straight to archive as soon as they come into the house. Now, I have the tools (fancy, schmancy word for justifying purchasing of pretty, new stationery) to work the paper flow a little more efficiently. Oh, and I got these cute candles for spending more than $60 … was going to save to gift to a friend but lit them that afternoon in celebration of my newly re-organised office space.
3. What’s in the water? I live and work on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and I’m constantly amazed that this relatively small place is home to some of the most talented women in the country. Women who are making a difference on the Australian – and world stage – but doing it from right here. I’m privileged to call some of these women my friends and on Wednesday night I joined 50 other women in being inspired by Rachael Bermingham, Cyndi O’Meara, Jodie McIver and Fleur Whelligan at the annual LIPS seminar. Oh, and in the audience were Amanda Gore and Carren Smith. The energy in the room was incredible. Don’t worry, have bottled it and will be sharing around with you all soon.
4. Buy of the week: Toko Emporium Gypsy Dress $99. Loving this cotton dress which is (insert shameless plug here) available in my shop right now. It’s a perfect trans-seasonal piece – simply layer over leggings and a cami and wear with ballet flats. Or belt and wear with jeans and boots. I believe the term is elegantly comfortable … a look that is is often elusive is my crazy busy life.
5. Blog of the week: What I love about being part of this online business is that you really do “meet” some wonderful people. On this Fabulous Friday, let me introduce you to Kellie McCurdy, the super stylish mum behind the Mummy of Style and Substance blog. The blog is all about how to look and feel good about yourself (inside and out) and how to maintain your own self, while being an effective mum … regardless of if you are a stay-at-home mum or a working mum. Kellie, who has a marketing and e-commerce background and lives in Melbourne, walks the talk as a mum of three boys (15, 8 and 5). “I started Mummy of Style and Substance after I could not find a site specifically for mums,” said Kellie. “I wanted to read things of interest to me, not just about parenting, as there is more to being a mum than just looking after the kids. We have more to offer the world and are interested in more than just our children and housework.” Kellie’s on Twitter and Facebook too … say hello to her today.
6. I’m giving away the prizes! Yes, unless you’ve been living under a rock, this week I officially re-launched my site … and the prizes and accolades are going to you. To celebrate, I’m giving away more than $2000 in fashion and beauty prizes. If you haven’t done so already, ENTER now and tell your friends.
So, now over to you … what’s made your week? Leave a comment below.