In honour of my new-look blog, I’m starting a new weekly post, Fabulous Friday. (I know it’s Thursday today but because tomorrow’s a public holiday, it sure feels like Friday!) Every week, I’ll share a little about my week, mostly good stuff, a little retail therapy and a few fun moments. Then it’s your turn. What made your week? Leave a comment below!
1. Buy of the week: Intentions bracelet $36.95 from Lisa Madigan (Gorgeous hand-crafted bracelet of plated silver beads, silver leather and a mother of pearl clasp. Each day as you clasp the intentions bracelet shell button, set a new intention, do something nice for yourself or someone else, anything, carry it with you, and then make it happen…)
2. Footy fever. Walking past Best & Less on way to book in organisational workshop at kikki k only to find racks of very cute kids’ State of Origin gear. Bought Mr 4 a jersey. It’s a bit big but that’s because I’d prefer to get more than one season out of it. He thinks it’s a dress. Husband is concerned. But not as concerned as to current form of Broncos. (Please don’t insert Alfie Langer underwear joke here.)
3. Organised, me? Aforementioned kikki k workshop. Husband does not know why I’ve booked in. I’m most organised person he knows. Yes, I do have those strengths but really just want to sit in the store for an hour and gaze longingly at stationery. That’s ok, isn’t it?
4. Lady Gaga. The lovely people at MAC Cosmetics sent me tickets to last Friday’s BrisVegas gig. BEST. CONCERT. EVER. Only really knew half a dozen songs (as more a Triple J listener) but wow. So many superlatives need to be inserted here – from the fashion, to the buffed dancers, to the thousands of teens teetering around in heels mimicking their hero. Still buzzing.
5. Love. Aint love the sweetest thing? MCed at wedding last Saturday for a couple I knew would get married from the moment I saw them together. Other friends got engaged. Knew they would get married from the moment I saw them together too.
6. Lust-haves of the week:
Lydia Jewels Paige necklace $60: Jewellery designer Lydia-Jane Saunders has been inspired by the Art Deco architecture in the city around her. This necklace features an Art Deco silver setting, green Swarovski crystals and one large purple crystal salvaged from an antique chandelier.
Spencer & Rutherford Lilou in Fox Glove ($439): This glamourous over-sized, limited edition clutch features a silk blend metallic pink body and patent leather ruffle detail. The interior features pink grosgrain lining with a brass numbered plate to prove Lilou’s special position within the collection.
7. Here’s the biggie (well for me, anyway). My website received a makeover and it went live on Monday. One lovely reader wrote to me and said: “Love, love the new site. Very you! Slick and beautiful with feminine edginess!” Yes, she is very much at the top of this year’s Christmas card list. Also on my Christmas card list is The Blog Stylist. Read what she had to say about my website makeover here.
So, over to you. Did you buy something beautiful? Did someone make your week? I’d love to know. Leave a comment below.