Hello, welcome to the monthly beauty post where I feature five of my favourite beauty products I’ve been trialling for the past month.
Not everything I feature will suit you but I’ll feature it here if it has suited me and has had some point of difference that I think you’d be interested in hearing about.
From the five beauty favourites featured here each month until November plus any products I feature in other beauty posts in 2015, I’ll curate my top 20 for the year and publish in December.
As always, I want to hear from you too. Sharing what you’ve discovered and why it’s been great for your skin, hair or makeup look is fantastic for others to hear about too.
1. Blake & Taylor Clean Sheets soy candle $19.95: Ahh, is there any better scent than fresh, clean sheets? Well yes, a candle that smells even better than your fresh, clean sheets from Paddington (Brisbane) store Blake & Taylor. It’s a sweet combination of carnation, lily and grapefruit at the top; jasmine, violet, tuberose and cyclamen mid-notes; and vanilla, rose and sandalwood as base notes.
2. NARSissist Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette $105: You know my love of a good palette, don’t you? This one is just eye colours but it is home to my ideal shades for an everyday brown-toned eye, through to a dark brown smokey eye and even a navy/grey evening look. NARS colours are always intense but these are doubly so. You can use dry or wet and build layers of colour for fabulous eye statements.
3. NIVEA Cellular Anti-Age range $27.99 each: Now, I love my NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle range so I felt like I was cheating a bit when this new range arrived but I won’t tell if you don’t. It’s amazing. The premise of the formulation behind this product is that young skin cells work more effectively so if you need a helping hand in the skin cell department (ahh, that would be me!) then the combination of ingredients in this product works to help make the cells feel younger again. It’s available in a night cream and day cream with SPF15 as well as an eye cream.
4. Real Skin Care range: Real Skin Care is a plant-based skin care range (five products) formulated with a blend of seven essential oils selected for their known benefits to the skin. Bergamot, mandarin orange, lavender, rosewood, geranium, patchouli and sandalwood all have a soothing, relieving, calming effect on the skin. My fave is the exfoliator (pictured). It’s a gentle formula that leaves skin feeling amazing. (Free from mineral oils, sulphates, parabens or artificial fragrances)
5. Red Earth Absolute Brows Brow Perfecting Kit (in brunette) $32: The 1990s brought us a lot of things in beauty product land – good and bad. One good thing was Australian makeup brand, Red Earth. If you’re wondering why you haven’t seen it around of late that’s because the original founders took it overseas. It’s back now with a new look and high quality products. You can try in store at Emporium Melbourne or Sephora Sydney. I’m particularly taken with this brow colour kit. You can blend the colours to suit and “fill” the gaps in your brow and then brush up and outwards for a perfect frame to your face.
Over to you … what beauty products have you tried this month and loved? Share the details in the comments below.