Hello. By the time you read this we’ll either be on our way to the airport or making our way to our Easter holiday destination.
My mate Mrs Woog kindly invited us back to spend another Easter embracing soft pants and sauv blanc on New South Wales’ Central Coast.
She didn’t have to ask twice. We had a fabulous time last year.
switching off aiming to switch off from the blog until next Tuesday. You’ll still find me lurking around Instagram and Facebook as I’ll still be sharing my #everydaystyle, albeit with the aforementioned soft pants.
The #everydaystyle Friday round-up will return after the Friday public holidays.
I don’t know about you but I’m really looking forward to cooler weather and generally doing not much at all.
My book club books have been packed – as well as a palette cleanser or two – for indulging in between thought-provoking texts.
There will be chocolate, you bet there will be.
Maybe I’ll trot out this adult Easter treat. I couldn’t resist making it after seeing the Donna Hay recipe in last Sunday’s paper.
I can report that it very much is The Business.
- 500g dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% cooking chocolate)
- ⅔ cup store-bought caramel sauce (I used Woolworths Gold Salted Caramel Dessert Sauce)
- sea salt (optional if already using salted caramel sauce)
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- When melted stir until smooth.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour chocolate on to tray and spread out to about 5mm-thick.
- Place heaped teaspoon dollops of sauce in random places on top of the melted chocolate.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the dollops back and forth to mix it with the chocolate and to create the swirl pattern.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Break into pieces.
Tell me your plans and tell me if you are a fan of chocolate and salted caramel?