You know I’m not one to fuss around when it comes to spending time on my everyday makeup routine don’t you?
Sure, if I need to get my fancy schmancy on then I’ll go all out and allocate appropriate time or out-source to achieve the required level of makeup brilliance to suit the occasion.
But if it’s for the day-to-day, I’m a lazy-girl from way back.
Not so lazy that I go without. Judge away if you like but I do feel more put together if I’ve slapped on a bit of a face.
Doesn’t have to be much and usually takes me two minutes max.
The advent – and my enthusiastic embracing – of BB and CC creams (if BBs and CCs seems like a foreign language to you, here’s a link to all the posts I’ve ever written about them) has certainly made this task all the easier because if my complexion is evened out then I’m most of the way there.
This week I’ve nailed a one minute makeup scenario using five new-ish products – including a CC cream from NIVEA – that have landed on my desk and were promptly put to work in the Styling You bathroom.
This combination is one that makes me look fresh (when I’m mostly not feeling so fresh). It may work for you too.
1. Garnier Skin Naturals Perfect Blur $16.95: Consider this your Instagram filter but one that you can walk around with on your face all day. It’s a makeup primer that creates a smooth base for what you put on top but it also has magic properties that reflect light so that your skin looks all kinds of fabulous. Love the matte finish and love the price point of this product for what it does.
2. NIVEA Q10 Plus CC Cream $19.55 (the product pictured is the NIVEA Daily Essentials Tinted Day Cream not the new CC Cream): This is NIVEA’s first offering in the BB/CC market and it’s a good one. It combines the power of its Q10 wrinkle-fighting formula with the colour correction properties to even out and brighten skin tone. I find the hydration components to be good for my skin, which is on the dry side. Would love to see a higher SPF than the SPF 15 but this would work for me most days as I spend the majority of my time inside.
3. Maybelline NY The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara Smoky Eyes $19.95: I haven’t met a Maybelline mascara that I haven’t loved and by rights this one should only come out when teamed with a smokey eye. But one morning I accidentally reached for this baby and my eyes loved the results. In a one-minute routine like this where I’m not adding eye colour or eye liner, it works to pop those peepers in a lazy-girl way.
4. Ere Perez Bondi Blush Pure Rice Powder $31.90: I may do all of the above very quickly but when it comes to adding some “icing”, if you like, I’m all about the glow. Love any product that makes me look like I have a glow when I very much do not. In the interests of lazy-girl application, I swish the colours in this blusher together and apply from the temples down to the tops of my cheekbone. This is a vegan-friendly, cruelty-free and non-chemical product.
5. NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Decanso $39: My lip colour collection is vast. Can’t leave home without something on my lips. You’ll find lipsticks, glosses, hybrid gloss/lipsticks and now crayons. Love how they go on soft and creamy and keep your lips hydrated. Application is a cinch because you can angle the crayon like a liner, line the lips and then fill.
So tell me, do you put a quick face on before heading out the door each day? Share your lazy-girl makeup routine in the comments below.