Last week it was a case of taking each day as it came. And being super prepared in the outfit department.
A trip to Sydney plus a drive and stay in Brisbane meant that my usual work-at-home casual clothes routine got a bit of a shake up.
And since there was already a shake up happening, I decided to shake it even further by wearing printed pants out for the Brisbane David Jones spring summer 2013 fashion collection launch.
As I got ready, Mr SY made some comment about me going out in my pyjamas. I never let such comments get in the way of me having a bit of fashion fun but I have to tell you he was a bit on the money this time.
Not with how I thought they looked but with how they FEEL when wearing them. Seriously, it feels like you’re wearing the equivalent of a summer tracky. So much so, when I did return to sit in bed with my laptop watching Offspring, I completely forgot I was still dressed. They are THAT comfortable.
A major contributor to the comfort factor is the fabric. These are Mela Purdie printed pants (from Zambezee Boutique) and they’re made from the exact same “technical” fabric that I talked about in this white shirt. The print itself is exclusive to Mela Purdie.
They do not stick to you, there’s no static, they feel incredibly soft and about 20 minutes after hand-washing them they are dry and ready to wear again – making them your perfect travel companion. I’m thinking ideal for a flight to somewhere tropical.
I love the fall of the pant too. Trust me, this is not something that always works for me. Too much gathering or fabric just doesn’t do me any favours. AT ALL. Just the right amount of fabric skims in the right places.
Now these pants are far from a budget purchase, so I realise they won’t work for everyone. This trend is, however, a strong one so look in your favourite stores for other versions.
Mela Purdie printed pants @ Zambezee* (I’m wearing size 16) | Witchery leather sleeve top (I’m wearing L) | Country Road blazer | Mimco earrings | Zoe Kraztmann clutch | Wayne by Wayne Cooper heels | I Love Lola neckpiece* | Samantha Wills ring |(LOCATION: Hilton Brisbane)
I’m in love with this I Love Lola neckpiece. It’s actually made from gold leather so sits beautifully on a plain black or white top or tee. I Love Lola was born out of a passion for statement necklaces with a point of difference … and you know how I feel about statement necklaces!
I’m also in love with professional makeup applications. The reason I looked halfway fresh on this night was courtesy of the TV makeup that was applied that morning in Sydney. I just freshened up with a pop of orange lippy.
1. Do give this trend a try. I’m ok for you to walk away from it but not before first trying on a few pairs.
2. I prefer to see printed pants with a heel or wedge. But. I think they can work with a strappy flat sandal as it warms up. They would also work now with a brogue.
3. Clearly the pants are making a statement. Be careful what other statements your outfit might make. I like working a printed pant back with black or white. Maybe you’re more daring?
4. If your choice of printed pants is on the relaxed side, try and streamline the top of your outfit with a fitted tank or tee or a blazer to create shape.
5. Worried this trend will disappear all too quickly? Then DO buy printed pants that are comfortable enough to wear as pjs .
Ok … where do you stand on printed pants? For, against or ready to give them a try?