Call me crazy but please don’t shoot the messenger. New-season styles have landed in your favourite stores and boutiques.
Yes, I fully realise that it’s still very much winter but fashion waits for no woman.
Thankfully, one of the strongest trans-seasonal trends you’ll find right now is the monochrome trend. And I’ll tell you something for nothing, Stylers … being on trend was never more easy.
The whole black and white thing was shining out at me from every fashion store I walked past in Brisbane’s Queen Street Mall last week and it made me smile for all of these reasons.
5 reasons to embrace monochrome
1. This is a classic look. It’s timeless, so even if the fashion gods are not dictating that it’s a style for the season, you can wear it anyway. Which means you probably already have pieces that fit the trend and, therefore, plenty of opportunities to “shop” this one from your wardrobe.
2. It ALWAYS looks smart. No matter what the occasion or time of day, whip out a black and white ensemble and you’re good to go.
3. You can work this look on a budget because the combination is inherently stylish. Still aim for pieces that are made well and in fabrics that will wear well over time (remembering this trend will always come around again).
4. The monochrome look lends itself very easily to a splash of colour with accessories. And I’m pleased to report that my fave from last year, chartreuse, is back with a vengeance. You’ll also find orange, green, red, fuchsia and shades of blue doing their showpony thing.
5. Importantly, this is a trend you can embrace now when it’s still cold. Layer with coats and tights and then peel off those layers in the coming months for a crisp spring look.
Monochrome for every occasion
Are you a fan of this trend? Do you find it crazy that the fashion seasons have changed?