Weekend recipe: garlic and rosemary baked kipflers
Being of the gluten-free persuasion, I’m not one for a whole lot of carbohydrate consumption.
Don’t get me wrong, I love carbs. It’s just that whenever I cook up pasta or pizza for the rest of the tribe, I’m more likely to go without than to substitute with something that basically equates to the nutritional equivalent of eating sugar (good, whole-grains such as quinoa excluded). If I’m going to eat sugar, give me chocolate please.
I am far from virtuous on the carb front, however. I have my weaknesses.
In winter, it’s so, so easy to seek comfort and solace in tasty carbs. Especially when they come in the form of baked kipfler potatoes and served with a tender eye fillet steak and a full-bodied, cheeky shiraz.
Mr SY whipped this batch up last weekend, sprinkling them with rosemary from the garden. He goes ok. He does.
Mind you, don’t think there’ll be much on the home-cooked menu this weekend. Man Flu has arrived in the SY household. It’s not pretty, Stylers. Not pretty at all.
Does winter equal carbs for you? What’s your fave way to get a fix?
Garlic and rosemary baked kipflers
Author: Nikki Parkinson | Styling You
Recipe type: side dish or starter
- 1kg kipfler potatoes (I usually source organic)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from stalks
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil.
- Add washed potatoes (skin on).
- Cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Throughly strain and pat dry. If preparing for a dinner party do to this step in advance and let cool.
- Cut each kipfler in half lengthways, then halve again.
- Toss gently in large bowl with oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- Place on prepared baking trays and bake for about 15 minutes - or until golden brown and skin is crispy.
- Remove from oven and grind more pepper and salt over kipflers to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Stay in touch
For a daily email update, click HERE
. Or hit the subscribe button below for weekly news in your inbox.