Hello winter. I see you. I feel you in my toes and I embrace you with all your wool and mulled-wine goodness.
I am so lucky where I live that winter is fleeting and usually comes with mild daytime temperatures. It’s not an inconvenience at all. Especially as I know that in three months’ time it will all be over and things will heat up again … all too quickly.
So I love to embrace all that this short season offers, hairy legs covered by tights or jeans included.
Here are 13 things I’m loving right now – things that each in their special way are helping me embrace the season.
1. Shopping for essential supplies and basking in some early morning sunshine. Bag: Skipping Girl*
2. Shopping online for non-essential pretties … because it’s your birthday month and packages should arrived with your name on them. Tee: sass and bide
3. Stopping for a moment to enjoy the little things. Life is way too short. Wooden block: kikki.K
4. Enjoying a sneaky red on a Saturday evening in by the fire while wearing soft pants and warm boots.
5. Taking time out to get some business inspiration from real people. Magazine: Renegade Collective
6. Getting even more inspiration from a fellow blogger. Book: Not Quite Nigella
7. Taking that inspiration further and into the kitchen. Nothing says Sundays in winter like a roast served up with smashed carrots and French peas.
8. Except unless your winter Sundays look more like soup. In which case you might like this recipe here. I added in bacon and goat’s cheese as well. Delish
9. Loving the new location of my fave tea shop, The Silva Spoon. Warmed ourselves nicely with bourbon tea and lemon meringue cheesecake.
10. Thank goodness I can work off said lemon meringue cheesecake wearing activewear I created myself. Top: mylo-dee bespoke activewear
11. Spending a lot of time here and thinking I may just need a motivational quote intervention.
12. If not at my desk, I’m on the road therefore necessitating acquisition of stylish geek accessories. Notebook cover: Kate Spade
13. Which all makes me super grateful for having a warm, comfy bed in which to collapse at the end of the day. Never underestimate the power of good linen. Never. Quilt cover: Freedom Furniture*
Now, it’s over to you. Tell me about one thing you’re loving right now. Go!