I interrupt our regular Thursday program to bring you a variation in our discussions about all things Offspring style.
This week, due to popular demand, I’m putting Billie Proudman’s style front and centre on this blog.
Don’t know why it’s taken me so long, actually.
So many of Billie’s style elements can be found in my wardrobe. More than Nina’s really.
I have a wardrobe with multiple style personalities. This is both a reflection of my inability to avoid jumping on almost every trend bandwagon going and my need to have clothes that will suit both coffee by the beach and a city meeting.
Nina’s wardrobe suits my coastal wardrobe personality throughout autumn and parts of winter. A bit like this outfit. It’s the city meeting side of my wardrobe that is more closely aligned with Billie.
1. Structure. Whether it’s a skirt, dress or pants outfit, Billie keeps things streamlined. She means business.
2. Boldness. Just like Billie’s special skill of telling it like it is, you won’t find her tip-toeing around with colour or accessories. Bright colours and patterns are worked back with a base of black.
3. Shoes. Whereas Nina is rarely seen out of boots, Billie reserves boots for a casual night at the pub. By day, she’s working the power platform heel.
4. Workwear. We usually see Billie in a dress or skirt with statement accessories and a statement jacket taking a traditionally corporate look up a notch.
5. Off duty. She’s not afraid of sequins and studs … and a hot pair of jeans. A little bit rock chic for this one half of Offspring’s “Power Couple”.
6. Key labels: For statement pieces, we’ve seen Billie wearing labels such as Camilla, Dinosaur Designs, sass & bide, Cue and Karen Millen.
Like when I talk about Nina’s style here on the blog, I’m not suggesting you copy it to a tee. Far from it.
It’s about taking elements that appeal to you, your lifestyle and your body shape and maybe being inspired to incorporate those elements into your current wardrobe.
Remember, we don’t all want to look exactly like the next person. We need to unlock our own style.
1. Witchery blazer $299.95 | 2. sass & bide jeans $220 (on sale) | 3. Top End boots $289.95 @ Style Tread | 4. 1&20 Blackbirds clutch $29.97 (on sale) @ The Iconic | 5. Atmos&Here earrings $14.95 @ The Iconic | 6. Fate top $79.95 @ The Iconic
You didn’t think I could go a whole week without some Nina chat, did you?
It was the first time we saw her bump. Talk about melt when Patrick was talking to and kissing it.
Fashion wise, the green maxi at the start of the show? That’s last season’s One Season. Can’t wait to see what their new season collection brings come August/September.
The second outfit included those blue boots and white crochet cardi and a gorgeous coloured scarf (classic Neens). Not sure where that exact one is from but any of these Nancybird scarves or Blue Bungalow would make a fine substitute.
Ok, hit me with it … best bits of last night’s episode. And are you more Billie than Nina in the wardrobe department? Or a bit of both?
Offspring photos: Channel TEN