It’s no secret that I’m a huge lippy fan. HUGE.
You see, I can slap on some BB cream in the morning, throw on some sunnies and then add a lippy in about 30 seconds flat.
It’s not the perfect makeup job but it’s enough to get me through the bus and school drop-off and maybe a little stop to pick up the mail and some supplies for that evening’s dinner. Enough to make me look half-way presentable.
And lately there’s a fair chance that you’ll find me working a pink pout when it come to that lippy colour.
I wouldn’t say I’m an overly girly person but no doubt about it, I’m drawn to this colour … in all its powerful shades.
From glosses to long-lasting lippies, these are my fave five pink lip colours right now.
1. Face of Australia Lip Quench SPF 30+ moisturising lipstick in Peaches and Cream $9.45: Ok, so technically this is on the coral side of pink but on my lips it throws a lovely subtle pink. The SPF is a winner, as is the price and the moisturising qualities thanks to jojoba oil, vitamin E and shea butter.
2. Maybelline NY Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolour in Pink Pop $16.95: This has been a fave of mine since wearing it LOTS during Fashion Week. It’s a “get noticed” pink with a nod to the 1960s, especially when worked back with a smokey eye.
3. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in Bright Pink $29.95: Love the slightly neon colour of this lippy (of course I do!). It’s beautifully moisturising and highly pigmented. Hunt it down at your nearest David Jones store.
4. L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Colour in Marilyn $23.95: This range is remarkably similar to YSL’s Rouge Pur Couture glossy stain. The applicator angled brush, the glossy/stain hybrid … it’s almost snapsville for me. Except the colour doesn’t have the staying power of YSL’s. Something you’d probably overlook for half the price?
5. Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss in Rosy Dawn $16.95: You know the lip colours you need to have waiting for you in every handbag? The ones that will never let you down? Yep, these lip glosses fall into that category. They launched earlier this month, are 100% natural and I’m in love with the formula and colour range. This one is a beautiful everyday pink that will never let you down.
What lip colours would I find in your makeup stash right now? Or at the bottom of your handbag?