I wasn’t kidding when I talked to you about my love of the canape. Yep, love them.
So, in my quest to create and eat more without coming out the other side of Christmas (click away my veggie friends) looking like an animal from which the main ingredient of this recipe came, I’m bringing you another recipe that’s on the healthy side of the canape equation.
These Prosciutto, Pear and Rocket Canapes were served up at the Melbourne Cup function I attended and being the Canape Queen that I am, I deconstructed them there and then onto my little paper napkin.
After downing one, I was particularly curious to find out what was in these tasty packages.
The sweetness of the pear, the saltiness of the prosciutto and the peppery after thought of the rocket? Yep, a flavour match made for afternoon drinkies.
And so quick and easy to put together.
In fact you could whip these babies up as quick as it takes someone else to pour the G&Ts.
Prosciutto, Pear and Rocket Canapes
- 1 ripe but firm pear
- 125g good quality prosciutto
- Handful of baby rocket leaves
- Slice “cheeks” from sides of pear.
- Thinly slice each cheek into 2mm wide slices.
- Cut each prosciutto slice in half to create two longish lengths.
- Place prosciutto slices flat on bench.
- On top, add one or two slices of pear and a couple of rocket leaves.
- Roll up to secure.
Too easy. Why not whip them up this weekend?
PS. If you have an online business that Styling You readers need to know about and buy from, check out the Christmas banner advertising specials I’ve just launched. Buy two months and receive one month free.