My beautiful, cheeky, smart and youngest baby turned seven on Saturday.
This meant a number of big things:
- He woke up to a mountain of travel-inspired pressies including some US dollars to spend while we’re away.
- He spent most of the weekend building the rest of his presents. Yes, our Lego collection grew overnight. Note to self, an IKEA trip required on return from the US otherwise he will need to construct a bed using the mountain of Danish miniature bricks he now owns.
- He oversaw the construction of his cake. Mandatory inclusions: Betty Crocker icing and lollies. You can check out the result here.
- He summonsed the entire extended family to the Sunshine Coast (from Brisbane) for Japanese at our favourite sushi bar – Sakana, Mooloolaba.
- And he no longer needed (legally) to sit in a car seat to get there.
I must say I was pretty stoked with his choice of birthday lunch venue and the Sunshine Coast finally turned on weather befitting its name.
I realised I’ve not been wearing my coloured jeans – the cut-off Audrey NYDJ style – nearly enough this winter. Opting instead for the longer jeggings length.
Not on this day. Out came my red pair (I have cobalt blue and teal as well). And I’m glad they did.
I wrote a post about how to wear coloured jeans back at the start of autumn and I must say, I mostly let the jeans make the colour statement in most of my coloured jeans outfits combinations. I feel most comfortable wearing neutral colours and letting the jeans do the talking.
I probably broke all sorts of “rules” on Saturday by colour matching my lips with my jeans but, hey it was my “birth” day, I was happy to make my own rules (and drink a champers or two ). After all, seven years ago the last thing on my mind would have been the colour of my lippy.
Lipgloss: Napoleon Perdis
loafers: Zoe Kratzmann*
How was your weekend? Did you have an event or occasion to get dressed up for? Or was it a mooching in loungewear kind of weekend? Oh, and what do you wear with your coloured jeans?
PS. Don’t forget to take my survey for a chance to win a $150 Westfield gift card … if you haven’t done so already.
* These loafers were gifted to me for editorial consideration in accordance with my disclosure policy.