Not sure what’s come over me … two posts in one week talking colours usually associated with Nanas. On Tuesday it was all about coral lips and on the back of Mrs David Beckham looking resplendent in navy at the Royal wedding, I just couldn’t help myself.
Navy is SO the new black. Well, I made that bit up. Navy has always been around but more often seen in a school uniform or corporate land.
In the last couple of fashion seasons, however, it’s been on my fashion radar for a number of reasons, not least being the fact that it’s almost black (and I do LOVE my black). The bonus: a gorgeous navy or “midnight” colour can be a whole lot more forgiving on your complexion. Definitely worth a try.
Key styling tips
1. It’s ok to team navy with black. I love a patent black shoe with navy for evening wear.
2. Love, love, love working navy back with a nude shoe. That whole leg lengthening thing just works beautifully with a navy frock.
3. Avoid the whole red, white and navy look … unless you are spending the weekend on a luxury yacht or in the French Rivera. In which case, do whatever you please and have a champers – or six – for me.
2. Oroton Henrosa tote $495
3. City Chic Embellished shoulder tunic $79.95
4. Witchery Flower Applique wrap cuff $59.95
5. Country Road Motif Print scarf $69.95
6. JAG Tab Detail knit $89.95 @ Birdsnest
7. Sambag navy patent ballet flats $175
9. PeepToe Shoes Miss Buckingham $249
What do you think of navy? Is it a colour you have in your wardrobe?
So excited to find out that this post has been selected for the Independent Fashion Bloggers Links a la Mode weekly roundup for May 19. Read on for some other fab fashion blogging posts.
Your Blogs Perfect Accessory: Brilliant Pictures
Edited by Denimology
As I was selecting my posts for this weeks Links A La Mode, I realized how important it is to have attractive and original images in your posts. I noticed that I would open a post and close it promptly if the images looked rather….. what’s the word… meh.
Here is how to have your blog posts chosen by me [Denimology] for LALM: